Ham Cabbage and Potato Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Came back here from the Haluski Thread.
I can't help but think, a spoonful of Sour Cream would be good here. This looks great...JJ

Thanks JJ, I'm going to make it this weekend. I'll try it with a dollop of sour cream but I'm usually pretty content with some buttered bread on the side!

Glad you bumped this .

It's simple and filling Rich, and something I make often during the winter months. I got the ham hocks in the freezer and I'm just making simple stuff for the time being until my taste and smell come back fully.

I'm very new here, but yes... glad this was bumped. I love me some soup but try to stay away from the fat heavy versions. I'm going to make the original recipe. Looks killer. As to Haluski, I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, and worked in the Hamtramck part of the city before departing for the Navy. Much Polish, Slavic, Eastern European etc etc eats have been past these teeth.

You will definitely like this soup then! I'm not big on the fatty and creamy soups either. I like them for a bowl or two but when I make soup, I make it to eat throughout the week until it's gone. I don't think my doctor would like me if I ate broccoli cheese soup for a week straight.

Wow that looks great! Has all I love and I have 2 big ham bones and zip loc bag of ham in the freezer. Was planing on chicken soup tomorrow but I think this one will be first in line. Great job!

Thank you it's a great soup and an old post here on SMF that got bumped. The ham and bones is perfect for it! The smoked ham hocks I get are pretty meaty so it's enough meat for the soup but if I had a bone or skimpier hocks, I add extra cubed ham.

This recipe is worth the Bump so more folks see it. I can verify it is VERY TASTY.
I too would be happy with some Chewy Rye Bread and Butter. Something about this Soup said, " Try a little Sour Cream. " Maybe it's the soup reminded me of Borscht, similar basic ingredients.😋...JJ

Reactions: bauchjw and xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky