Habanero Sake Wings with Ranch Tots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Large Batch Ranch Seasoning

INGREDIENTS
  • ▢3/4 cup dried parsley
  • ▢3 tbsp dried dill
  • ▢2 tbsp dried chives
  • ▢1/4 cup granulated garlic
  • ▢1/4 cup granulated onion
  • ▢1/4 cup dried onion flakes
  • ▢2 tbsp kosher salt
  • ▢2 tbsp ground black pepper
I nix this is a short wide mouthed Mason jar so that a measuring spoon will reach the bottom and so you can shake it all up before each use.
It will fill the jar right to the top when you make a fresh batch.

View attachment 500331

Yes sir fine-looking meal! And as far as the recipe oh, you had me at mason jar LOL

Reactions: kilo charlie
I'm gonna have to try the sake trick. I'm having my doubts that either of the liquor stores in my area actually carry sake.

I'm gonna have to try the sake trick. I'm having my doubts that either of the liquor stores in my area actually carry sake.

I get it at one of the local grocery stores.

I pay $6.99 for a 750ml bottle so it's quite inexpensive

20210511_200806.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
Yes sir fine-looking meal! And as far as the recipe oh, you had me at mason jar LOL
Here's another Mason Jar...well Ball Jar anyways

20210617_131555.jpg

Figured might as well get the Sake going for the next batch of wings

Reactions: 912smoker
View attachment 500278

View attachment 500279

Put some chicken wings in a glass bowl with 4 cut up habaneros and covered all with 1 and 1/2 cups of Sake and let soak for like 4 hours.

View attachment 500274

Put some frozen tater tots in a gallon zip lock bag and about a tablespoons of oil along with a tablespoon of my homemade Ranch Seasoning and coated the tots. Put them on a piece of oiled tinfoil.

View attachment 500275

A second piece of tinfoil over the top and the edges folded over to create a pouch.

View attachment 500276

The wings were drained and patted dry with paper towels then seasoned with fresh ground pepper and black salt.

View attachment 500277

The foil packet was put on 10 minutes ahead of the wings on the grill and went for a total of 30 minutes and the wings went 20 min total.

The habaneros did not shine through as much as I had envisioned... so I guess back to the drawing board on adding some super spice to the inside of the wings. As if I needed another reason to make more chicken wings!
We love wings and regardless of the heat level, those are some good looking wings and tots. Nice job, KC....

...and I see you've been buying your good china at the same place as me...:emoji_laughing:

We love wings and regardless of the heat level, those are some good looking wings and tots. Nice job, KC....

...and I see you've been buying your good china at the same place as me...:emoji_laughing:

Thank you!

Haha I felt the need to change things up since I post several times a week... I will have a collection of plates soon haha

Nice plate. I've not heard of Sake for crisp wings. You want more Hab' flavor and Heat? You gotta break more cells open. PUREE your Habaneros with some Sake then add the balance. Enjoy the White Sauce...JJ

Can't argue with them results. Those vittles look darn good.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice plate. I've not heard of Sake for crisp wings. You want more Hab' flavor and Heat? You gotta break more cells open. PUREE your Habaneros with some Sake then add the balance. Enjoy the White Sauce...JJ

Thank you!

I'm betting the crispy Sake Wings would be good to try with a dip in the white sauce at the end!

The Sake Wings are super crispy.. not something I've been able to duplicate with any other alcohol and Sake is cheap enough that it makes sense to keep using it. I've got some sliced up habaneros soaking in some Sake right now.. kind of reminds me of when I used to flavor vodka with Jolly Rancher Candies ... If the "heat" isn't there I have a multitude of other ideas to try.

My goal is to still have the super crispy skin with some internal heat with out the messy sauces on the outside

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky