• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Guess what it is....AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

NU2SMOKE

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 30, 2019
Hello All,

I did some beef last night. Giving special props to the one or ones who can guess what it is.

I can say it came out very tender and juicy. Its the first beef I put thru the new pit and was very impressed!

IMG_2478.jpg

Plated it with homemade Chimichuri and some black beans and rice. Family loved it!

IMG_2484.jpg

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
First off killer smoke ring and the plate looks great! Props on that cook. I would say a brisket flat but that's too easy. Maybe a top round(London broil) or chuck roast?

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Ill go boneless strip. Great smoke ring, what’s your new smoker?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm thinking "Bottom Round", and it Looks Fantastic!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

NU2SMOKE

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 30, 2019
jcam222 jcam222 Thank you for the critique. Its not a boneless strip and the new pit is a REC TEC 700 BULL. Anybody who says a pellet smoker does not put out enough smoke that you have to use a smoke tube or something else....Well this one does...ITS FANTASTIC!

These were some ribs I did on the fourth of July
IMG_2370.jpg

NU2SMOKE

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 30, 2019
SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan Thank you sir but not a london broil

S SecondHandSmoker & banderson7474 banderson7474 Thank you but also no not a sirloin tip.

S SlickRockStones no sir not a NY Strip Roast.

Great guesses all but no....if nobody guesses correctly by 4pm I will spill the beans and tell you how I made it. So please keep the guesses coming.

Did I mention how good it was and that I have never cooked this cut before....EVER!

WaterRat

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 14, 2018
Looks great! Awesome smoke ring. I'll guess boneless chuck? Doesn't look quite right but we're running out of options ;)

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I'm thinking mock tender ,,, maybe . The shop I go to sells a Teres Major , but I never saw a section cut of one .
Looks good BTW .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Looks amazing....I vote Picanha. The Top Sirloin Cap. What throws Me is No Fat Cap. Or, a Boneless Chuck Short Rib Roast...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.