Guess what it is....AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks amazing....I vote Picanha. The Top Sirloin Cap. What throws Me is No Fat Cap. Or, a Boneless Chuck Short Rib Roast...JJ

Figures it would be a Chef who got the right answer. It is a USDA PRIME PICANHA or AKA known as Rump CAP. "I like Picanha better" Dont want people thinking I am feeding them cow ass...LOL

Best known in Brazil. Not supposed to be very tender but this came out very!!

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj you are correct that they usually have a much larger "thicker" fat cap but there is a meat market close to my house that always has these and they were on sale so I said what the heck and gave it a go.

Congratulations to chef jimmyj chef jimmyj and thank you all for your kind words and participation. If you have never tried it....go on and do it!

Last edited:
I cannot confirm or deny that guess because...well....I have no idea what that is:emoji_astonished:

I can tell you it deserves to be Smoked & Cooked!!

CLOD
Someone who is "too big for their body". They can't do anything without bumping into someone. When they sit down they just flop, most likely bothering the person they sit down next to. People like this are mainly found in public areas, like movie theaters, restaurants, etc. These people are also very ignorant. They sit down behind you at the movies, kicking your seat multiple times, without even saying "Excuse me" or "Sorry". Nope, they just clod their way on through life.
I'm just trying to watch this new movie and some clod kicks my seat 4 times without saying anything.

Or it could be a hunk of Meat from the Shoulder Area.

Bear

Well that was fun. THANKS. Should I PM my Address for my Pri.....Hey, What DID I win?

My area has the smallest Ethnic Diversity in the US! We are talking Country White Bread! Friendly, Salt of the Earth, help a neighbor out folks, but a Real basic meat and potatoes crowd.
Avocado are considered an Exotic Import. Asked the Produce Manager for, Escarole. No clue what it was. Dino Kale? Nope...Swiss Chard? Cheese is in the Deli Dept...Collard Greens? Who eats that? We have Iceburg, Romaine and Green Leaf.
Just common cuts in the Meat Department and the Ethnic Isle? Taco Kits and Salsa, that's it!...JJ

Well that was fun. THANKS. Should I PM my Address for my Pri.....Hey, What DID I win?

My area has the smallest Ethnic Diversity in the US! We are talking Country White Bread! Friendly, Salt of the Earth, help a neighbor out folks, but a Real basic meat and potatoes crowd.
Avocado are considered an Exotic Import. Asked the Produce Manager for, Escarole. No clue what it was. Dino Kale? Nope...Swiss Chard? Cheese is in the Deli Dept...Collard Greens? Who eats that? We have Iceburg, Romaine and Green Leaf.
Just common cuts in the Meat Department and the Ethnic Isle? Taco Kits and Salsa, that's it!...JJ

You have won the greatest prize of all sir....MY RESPECT.....that and 25 cents and you can buy a gumball but it is more than you had before so Haaazaaa!! LOL

Seriously though I was impressed with the guess. Not too many People know what I Picahna is let alone know that they can be a very tasty meal.
May I ask what kind oc chef you are? Your specialties?

As a Working Chef, my Forte was Seafood and Classic Sauces. But my True Calling and Specialty is Culinary Education. Yes, I could DO and Teach! My family background in Butchery taught me a lot about Meat. Within the circle of Instructors, I was the GoTo guy for Food Safety and Ethnic Cuisine. I can do pretty much anything from Europe, Asia, Middle Eastern and Middle to South American. Hence being very familiar with Churrasco and the Picanha.
Thank You for your kind words. In.my biz, that IS a Great Prize...JJ

Reactions: MarkM and NU2SMOKE
As a Working Chef, my Forte was Seafood and Classic Sauces. But my True Calling and Specialty is Culinary Education. Yes, I could DO and Teach! My family background in Butchery taught me a lot about Meat. Within the circle of Instructors, I was the GoTo guy for Food Safety and Ethnic Cuisine. I can do pretty much anything from Europe, Asia, Middle Eastern and Middle to South American. Hence being very familiar with Churrasco and the Picanha.
Thank You for your kind words. In.my biz, that IS a Great Prize...JJ

I am a self taught Amateur home chef. I have learned by trial and fire......I would try something and it would catch fire!!! Literally!
I'm Italian by birth so I grew up with a love of food that only my waistband can appreciate and now I have a love of smoke and bacon so my Cardiologist loves it as well. I am pretty sure he looks at me like his new Ferrari fund!

I love to try new things in the cooking arena...I could never be a commercial chef as I don't think it would be as much fun for me. If I make a great dish my loved ones appreciate it. If I screw it up we order a pizza and laugh about the whole thing...no pressure. I have a deep respect for any commercial chef. They are under constant pressure to be perfect on every dish and they do it well!!
My hats of to you for taking on the challenge to teach what has taken your lifetime to the next group to keep us well fed! That alone is a heavy task!

I look forward to bouncing some recipes off you from time to time!
Cheers!

Reactions: MarkM
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky