• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Grilled stuffed portobello and bleu cheese

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2019
Quick-ish and easy dinner. Prep time, two 5min. Idle time 1hr.
Ingredients:
Shrimp, spinach, bleu cheese, garlic, basil. Black pepper and Cayenne. Also added about a ladle full of my tomato soup from the night before. No salt added.

I start by brining the shrimp in cold water, about a tsp of salt and a pinch of baking soda. Let it sit for an hour.
Next, wash and de-stem the portobello.

Now I drain/strain the shrimp for about 5 min while the grill is heating.

Add a few cloves of garlic, a handful of spinach, a few basil leaves and the shrimp and coarsely chop. Then into a bowl with some crumbled bleu and a ladle of tomato soup. Mix then stuff and Ready for the grill:
20200216_185644.jpg

Rest is easy, about 10-15min over direct heat then indirect for another 20min. I don't really check temp, but look for the mushroom to get a soft/squishy feel. Drizzled a little bit more of the tomato soup for color and flavor.
20200216_193924.jpg

Enjoy!

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Yes sir I could go for that love portabellas.

Warren

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 11, 2007
I can always eat stuff giant portobellos. Sometimes we use them like a mini pizza crust then on the grill or smoker.
Your looks real good. Points

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
looks delicious. sounds like they're full of flavor

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
They look great, we enjoy mushrooms. I’ll give this a go for sure, thanks for sharing.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.