Grilled stuffed portobello and bleu cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Quick-ish and easy dinner. Prep time, two 5min. Idle time 1hr.
Ingredients:
Shrimp, spinach, bleu cheese, garlic, basil. Black pepper and Cayenne. Also added about a ladle full of my tomato soup from the night before. No salt added.

I start by brining the shrimp in cold water, about a tsp of salt and a pinch of baking soda. Let it sit for an hour.
Next, wash and de-stem the portobello.

Now I drain/strain the shrimp for about 5 min while the grill is heating.

Add a few cloves of garlic, a handful of spinach, a few basil leaves and the shrimp and coarsely chop. Then into a bowl with some crumbled bleu and a ladle of tomato soup. Mix then stuff and Ready for the grill:
20200216_185644.jpg

Rest is easy, about 10-15min over direct heat then indirect for another 20min. I don't really check temp, but look for the mushroom to get a soft/squishy feel. Drizzled a little bit more of the tomato soup for color and flavor.
20200216_193924.jpg

Enjoy!

I can always eat stuff giant portobellos. Sometimes we use them like a mini pizza crust then on the grill or smoker.
Your looks real good. Points

Reactions: S-met
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky