Grilled Chicken ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Its really no big deal, just wanted to show you how hard it is to make Friday nite supper!

For me, I buy a chicken a week. I can do multiple meals off one, jambalaya, gumbo, etouffee, creole, fried, grilled, dumplings, etc etc...... Chicken is the cheapest and most flavorful IMHO.

Grilled chicken is fast easy and that smell...... Mmmmm. It takes longer to set the coals than to cook it.

Last nite the fare was:

IMG_9088.JPG

That's the sausage you've seen me numerous times make on here, some green spears and 1/2 a chicken. To this I added a little oil, cracked black and kosher. That is it, nothing else is needed. I only used the oil because my last cookout my grating finally gave up the ghost. Cheap expansion metal only lasted 45 years, so I can't bitch too much.

When the coals were happy, the grate was brushed and oiled for its maiden flight.

IMG_9090.JPG

I decided to try that little 6" A-MAZE-N tube and it was filled with apple. All my life it was normally just the good charcoal taste, I have used wood before, but anyway you grill it, it's great with me.

Just look at that!

IMG_9093.JPG

Finished Product, before cutting it all up. I am sorry no plated "Q" view, but you can only stand that smell so long before you just gotta tear into it.

IMG_9095.JPG

Just salt & pepper, well and a few wood pellets.

PS, I gotta tell you, I wasn't too excited about my last made sausage, it was a bit mild for even me. Thats why it made the grill. It transformed before my eyes, it gained pepper while cooking, I don't know why or how, but it did. I make awesome sausage.....LOL !

Thats it, throw in a cold longneck a knife and a fork. I am guessing it can still be called nekkid chicken, even if its grill vice smoked. Great rainy Friday nite meal. I think I like it better than the old days of dancin, drinkin and chasing women! I know I felt better this morning. LOL

Awesome looking meal there Kevin!
I'm all set up for a quick cook tonight too!
Another pepperoni pizza, my new batch of pepperoni is ready to be sliced!!
Al

Its really no big deal, just wanted to show you how hard it is to make Friday nite supper!

For me, I buy a chicken a week. I can do multiple meals off one, jambalaya, gumbo, etouffee, creole, fried, grilled, dumplings, etc etc...... Chicken is the cheapest and most flavorful IMHO.

Grilled chicken is fast easy and that smell...... Mmmmm. It takes longer to set the coals than to cook it.

Last nite the fare was:

View attachment 373988

That's the sausage you've seen me numerous times make on here, some green spears and 1/2 a chicken. To this I added a little oil, cracked black and kosher. That is it, nothing else is needed. I only used the oil because my last cookout my grating finally gave up the ghost. Cheap expansion metal only lasted 45 years, so I can't bitch too much.

When the coals were happy, the grate was brushed and oiled for its maiden flight.

View attachment 373989

I decided to try that little 6" A-MAZE-N tube and it was filled with apple. All my life it was normally just the good charcoal taste, I have used wood before, but anyway you grill it, it's great with me.

Just look at that!

View attachment 373990

Finished Product, before cutting it all up. I am sorry no plated "Q" view, but you can only stand that smell so long before you just gotta tear into it.

View attachment 373991

Just salt & pepper, well and a few wood pellets.

PS, I gotta tell you, I wasn't too excited about my last made sausage, it was a bit mild for even me. Thats why it made the grill. It transformed before my eyes, it gained pepper while cooking, I don't know why or how, but it did. I make awesome sausage.....LOL !

Thats it, throw in a cold longneck a knife and a fork. I am guessing it can still be called nekkid chicken, even if its grill vice smoked. Great rainy Friday nite meal. I think I like it better than the old days of dancin, drinkin and chasing women! I know I felt better this morning. LOL
Can you tell me what is that tube on the side?

Awesome looking meal there Kevin!
I'm all set up for a quick cook tonight too!
Another pepperoni pizza, my new batch of pepperoni is ready to be sliced!!
Al

Thanks Al

All those years working teaches you fast and easy, then suddenly you have time to cook again. I am wanting to try some unfermented pepperoni. I like the pepperoni stix that are not fermented.

Can you tell me what is that tube on the side?

You should check out the site's sponsors. That is an A-MAZE-N product, its an auxiliary smoker device. It allows you to use pellets which are far easier to acquire than wood when smoking or grilling. By using pellets you can experience more different smoke tastes than you ever would using wood. Its not necessarily a replacement for real wood, but it beats not having any. They offer a 5x8 tray, which is really what you should look at starting with. Also they have an expandable oval, for larger volume, and 6" & 12" tubes. Also besides pellets they offer the magic dust, its really good for when you have very little air, or its hard to draw a draft generally in cold smoking situations.

Check 'em out. They are not the only type aux smoke generator but they work well enough and offer variety in products as well as smoke.

I'm all for a good meal like this Foam! Not sure about not having girls on hand though; nothing quite helps the ole morale like having a pretty lady or two compliment your cooking!

Looks great! There are lots of people who can't do that, so it's a unique talent. Sausages as a side dish....:cool:.... my kinda meal!

You saw how long I have had this little pit. I tended Pop's firebox at an even much younger age. After doing it a couple a times you wonder why everyone doesn't do it.

We always throw sausage on a hot pit no matter whats cooking. Generally its consumed by the cooks sitting around telling lies while drinking cool ones. That way when the kids all eat first, you are not wanting to steal their plates.

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
I'm all for a good meal like this Foam! Not sure about not having girls on hand though; nothing quite helps the ole morale like having a pretty lady or two compliment your cooking!

I have danced, drank and chased women all my life, you pay for your youth though. First the dancing slowed, then the women, when I lose my desire for cold beer it'll be time to shoot me.

Reactions: Princeau99
I have danced, drank and chased women all my life, you pay for your youth though. First the dancing slowed, then the women, when I lose my desire for cold beer it'll be time to shoot me.
My desire for cold beer ain't gone, but my body reminds me I can't do much of it any more. As for women and dancing..well I got two left feet... LOL

Can you help with some smoking tips
If you want tips, you are better off asking Foam in this thread ;) I am in comparison a simple novice and give people ideas like smoked osso buco!

Looks like a tasty meal to me Foam!

I'd have been all over that plate! :D

Thank you Justin...... hadn't grilled the asparagus before, Ok but wasn't too impressed. How are those sous chefs excited to be getting back to school to see their friends? Mom always said I was excited to go back to school for two days then the new wore off. LOL

Kevin looks good wrap them spears in some Prosciutto.I had Chicken Cutlets,Sausage,Hot dogs on my gas grill yesterday,side by side fridge/freezer needed a new gasket took my friend 3 hrs to replace it.But you know how that goes the part they sent him was wrong.No pics cooked so I could refreeze it.LIKES
Richie

Kevin looks good wrap them spears in some Prosciutto.I had Chicken Cutlets,Sausage,Hot dogs on my gas grill yesterday,side by side fridge/freezer needed a new gasket took my friend 3 hrs to replace it.But you know how that goes the part they sent him was wrong.No pics cooked so I could refreeze it.LIKES
Richie

Thank you Richie.

It never fails, a 10 min job takes all afternoon! Thats why we work for free, couldn't afford ourselves.

My sister wraps the asparagus with bacon and then brushes it with Italian salad dressing before grilling. I have to remember to try that next time, thanks Richie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky