Grilled cheese sloppy dawg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
First off this thread is just for fun. So dont be to hard on me. I promise I'll redeem myself later. We didnt really have anything planned for dinner last night and it was kind of a chill and watch movies with the kids kind of night. Wife said she would be happy if I just warm up some sloppy joes from the other night. Ryder said he wanted a hot dog and knox wanted a grilled cheese. Ok no problem. I dont mind beeing a short order cook when its all easy stuff like that. Then I started thinking.......all three of those sounded good to me. This would definitely fall under the "dirty little secret" of foods! Lol. Anyway here it it is....the "grilled cheese sloppy dawg" lol!
Started with making a grilled cheese. White bread and american cheese. And of course butter. Smashed it down so it would fold into a hot dog bun.
0208202205b.jpg

Then I stuffed it down into my taco holder to help hold its shape.
0208202206_HDR.jpg

Stuff in the dog and top with some yellow mustard.
0208202211.jpg

Then top it off with the sloppy joe.
0208202212.jpg

And there it is. The grilled cheese sloppy dawg!
0208202213.jpg

Not my most beautiful meal and certainly not the healthiest. But I will say I was pretty satisfied! Thanks for taking a look!

Looks good to me .......................

Gary

Looks Great, Travis!!
I've had similar, but you would still need more than a stick to keep me away!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Oh lordy Travis, that is an over the top creation! I am most certainly doing that. Here are two foods put together that I like. Not sure about the chili. But a grilled cheese dog? Huge point!!

I grew up eating chilli cheeses when we would go camping...use those cast iron sandwich makers that you use over a fire. Butter your bread like you do for grilled cheese and put the cheese and a good amount of chilli but never thought about a hot dog! Could the dog in half to make it fit!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Heck yes, looks good to me too! Top it with some pickle relish and onion you have a meal fit for a king...ok maybe a court jester, but I'd eat 1 or 2 for sure

Ryan

Damn Travis!! What's not to love sir? All of my favorite food groups served in one hand. You know as well as the rest of us, it doesn't have to be breathtakingly beautiful to taste really good, and I bet that was REALLY good. Great job and points for creativity.

Damn...gotta have one (or three) of those
Robert

Looks good to me .......................

Gary
Thanks!
Looks Great, Travis!!
I've had similar, but you would still need more than a stick to keep me away!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear !
Hell thats a GREAT idea!!!! You might just be on to something there!!
Thanks! Honestly ibcould see something like this at the county fair.
That does look good! I would try it!!!
Thanks! It was tasty!
As long as moma and the kids are happy why not.

Warren
you know what they say ..if mama aisnt happy aint nobody happy! Lol!

Oh lordy Travis, that is an over the top creation! I am most certainly doing that. Here are two foods put together that I like. Not sure about the chili. But a grilled cheese dog? Huge point!!
Thanks Steve ! The sloppy joe on top was really good. Give it a shot!
That is something Id throw together, looks good
Thank you!
I grew up eating chilli cheeses when we would go camping...use those cast iron sandwich makers that you use over a fire. Butter your bread like you do for grilled cheese and put the cheese and a good amount of chilli but never thought about a hot dog! Could the dog in half to make it fit!
That sounds like a great meal for camping!
Heck yes, looks good to me too! Top it with some pickle relish and onion you have a meal fit for a king...ok maybe a court jester, but I'd eat 1 or 2 for sure

Ryan
pickle relish and onion would have been great on this!
Heck Yea!
thats exactly what I said on my first bite! Lol!

would never have thought of that combo, but now I must have one.
its definitely worth trying!
Damn Travis!! What's not to love sir? All of my favorite food groups served in one hand. You know as well as the rest of us, it doesn't have to be breathtakingly beautiful to taste really good, and I bet that was REALLY good. Great job and points for creativity.

Damn...gotta have one (or three) of those
Robert
Robert,Thank you! It was not pretty thats for sure but it was really good. Washed down nice with a couple cheap light beers lol!
Improvisation at its best.
Thanks. When thats all the stuff I was making I couldnt help but think of doing this!
looks good . I'll eat a good hot dog any way it's made . Nice idea .
Thanks chopsaw! I'm the same way. Live a good hot dog!

Whoa Travis that looks delicious! Very creative and I bet very tasty too!! You should make those in a foodtruck at a fair, they'd quickly become the next trend for all the foodies.

Reactions: bbqbrett
Whoa Travis that looks delicious! Very creative and I bet very tasty too!! You should make those in a foodtruck at a fair, they'd quickly become the next trend for all the foodies.
Thanks xray! It really does remind me of a food truck item at the fair!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky