Grilled Blue Point Oysters w/mango pico de gallo w/pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
3rd straight weekend of grilling oysters, 2nd weekend of fresh Blue Points from Whole Foods. Instead of the garlic butter, then bbq sauce topping I was doing I changed things up a little this time.

Found a recipe for a mango pico de gallo by Bobby Flay.
1 mango diced
1/2 red onion diced
1 jalapeno diced
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp honey
1/2 lime
3 tbsp cilantro

refrigerated for a few hours, then brought it up to room temp before using it as a topping for the finished oysters.

Put the unshucked oysters on the grill and covered it for maybe 5 minutes til they steamed themselves open. I took them off the grill, popped em the rest of the way open, and served them on the halfshell topped with the mango pico de gallo, and a dab of horseradish. Pretty nice, fresh tasting, and alot of flavor. I think I prefer raw, or grilled with some garlic butter, but these looked nice, and were a good change-up.

Blue Points:

mango pico:

on the weber kettle:

done:

thanks for looking

Delicious look oysters! Those little buggers can be addicting for sure!

Nice paring with the mango pico de gallo.

Always enjoy your posts Jim. Tasty stuff!

thanks man. I appreciate that.

cooking is a great hobby/obsession.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Man you come up with some amazing food. Here I am basking in the glory of my first pork butt. You oysters and mango pico. I have always suffered with creativity thing though. Keep up the good work.
points.gif

Yes you sure do come up with some good recipes for differant stuff for sure there Jim. Now I'm not sure on this one it looks fine to me but the mango would over power the taste of the oyster won't it. I personally like the oyster tastewhen they are steamed but it is a really nice looking and I bet tasting too dish.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

thanks folks,

mark, you are right, the mango pico had alot going on, and the oyster was kind of lost in it. you never know until you try right..
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

good lord -you know how to eat man....those look killer i could go for a half dozen of those and a cold dark beer right about now.

never can go wrong by coping Bobby Flay...I don't think he makes a bad dish...great job !

I know your pain Jimi. I look at his posts & think to myself, what kind of food high is this man on? His food is off the chart different & interesting and yet I can not turn away or be jealous. It's like, "Darn, I should've thought of that." But that is okay but practice makes perfect.

Jim....you rock!!!
points.gif

thanks folks.

i agree anything I have made witha Bobby Flay influence has been great, especially anything with hot peppers.

I lied, food and cooking isnt a hobby, its more like an obession.

Awesome Oysters--------->>
points.gif

I gotta get some one of these days.
I love 'em, as long as they aren't raw!

Bearcarver

thanks man, one of these times Im gonna try them on the smoker, kind of smoke roast them.

I know where your coming from.
might be the same reason I sit at work all day wondering what Im going to smoke next or what I am going to cook up for supper!
nice look Oysters for sure !
you the Man Jim!

thanks lar,

right now I am thinking how I can get away with doing some bbq on Mothers Day.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky