• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from Michigan

madeinamerica

Joined Dec 8, 2013
Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I saw bbq pitmasters on netflix a while back which is what first got me interested in smoking. I registered on the forums a few months ago, took some notes, then bought myself an electric smoker - Bradley 4 rack. The temperatures up here have been quite cold making it difficult to attain my desired temps, but I get by alright (aka I finish a lot of meats in the oven). Like I said, I took notes, below you'll find what I've been up to for the last two months.

My first whole chickens:

Made a pot of chili, smoked it for 3 hours, it was delicious:

Did some jerky last night, one rack was my own (spicy) rub, the other was with commercial rub:

Worked on some spares (credit to Johnny Trigg's method) back in December:

Today I did my first turkey - a 10 pounder:

That's it for now, have a great weekend!

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Welcome aboard!  That's some good lookin' Qview...you're gonna fit right in around here!  Nice job...

Red

handymanstan

Smoking Fanatic
Group Lead
Joined Oct 27, 2012
Welcome from Lansing.

It’s always nice to see another Michigander here. 

Some good looking meat there.

Stan

chuckles

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 27, 2013
Looks great! I have a Bradley 4 rack Digital. I've found that the wind is my biggest problem with holding temps. I've made a simple wind screen for the vent and put a piece of PVC over the bisquette feeder. Also, when I stop the smoke I put a loose wooden plug in the bisquette feeder. Hope the suggestions help you.

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.