Greetings From Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksuds

Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Greetings from Kansas, wanted to tell everyone THANK YOU for all of the great recipes and inspiring ideas. What a great forum you all have.

Meet Bruno, our ever so reliable UDS!! Currently, he's smoking some "ABT's" minus the turds, a fryer, a chorizo fattie stuffed with rice & a mushroom and swiss fattie! Mmmmmmm...Yum-o! *See the smoke....(Yes, I named him Bruno, he didn't need to be completely masculine...lol.)
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

dsc00088gvh.jpg

Here we are on this HOT (100+degree) Kansas day, it was a miserable sweat your butt off kind of day. Only good thing is beer tastes GREAT!~ (Joel didn't want to take a pic since his shirt was off, so I attempted the cover-up.)
dsc00089xjx.jpg

One of our lil' Dudes playing with some toads in the pool, while we were smokin'.
dsc00091hmz.jpg

Got a late start so dinner will be ready about 10PM or so
icon_mad.gif
....more pics to come!

Welcome to SMF sounds like you have some good stuff in Bruno looking forward to the finished pics

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Only have about 3 more degrees left before we can pull everything....I'm getting anxious!

So, it was an interesting smoke....It was a learning smoke experience to say the least! Not very appetizing pics, but I told ya I'd post them!
Chorizo came off in a pile of rice woops...Chorizo is funny stuff though, I kind of expected it to be a disaster...

dsc00102zwj.jpg

The ABT -turds were fantastic!!!!!
dsc00101ruu.jpg

Also, the Mushroom & Swiss Fatty was delicious.....Thanks for that recipe!!!
dsc00103qhg.jpg

Here is Bruno is a rage after we took everything off and just had the fryer left, hope it doesn't' get too smoky!
dsc00095dfq.jpg

dsc00096jbr.jpg

I'm hating my new camera, I'm still getting used to the flash...grrrr...
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

looks good to me ksuds thanks for the qviews. hot was not the word here in kansas this weekend with the high humidity it was (
icon_question.gif
misserable)
welcome to smf

Welcome to the forum. Good looking bunch of food from the UDS too!

Welcome to the forum, looks like you did a great job with your smoke, clear pics or not
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

100+ out? Man, So far here in Jersey we have only had 2 or 3 days where the temp has gone above 90. 79 out right now, I love it but the hot peppers are pretty angry about it.

Hope to see many more good smokes in the future.

Hey KSUDS welcome from Iowa. Looks like you know your stuff. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Anyone else notice the awesome use of the old gas grill carriage? Sweet. Gave you wheels, and a couple of shelves...nice!

First off welcome to SMF. you'll like it here, this site is just full of information. Iydoes look like bruno does know what he's doing. Thanks for the Qview.

biggrin.gif

Great observation! Out with the old & in with the new! We like to think outside the box around here!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

My Dad is the one who built the UDS for us, he has more $$$ in smokers (yes plural) than he knows what to do with, but I think the UDS would give him a run for his money, as far as pork butts go! Thanks to him we have all sorts of gadgets & digitals temps. Thanks Dad!

Looks like you guys are having a ball. Smoking and keeping the kids entertained can be hard at times. Great job.

Welcome aboard. I'm from KS too, It was miserable out last weekend but the beer was good and the pool felt fine. Where are you from the background in the pics looks familiar?

I'm outside of Pittsburg, where are you at? I want to party crash in your pool, lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky