• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings From Kansas

ksuds

Joined Jul 12, 2009
Greetings from Kansas, wanted to tell everyone THANK YOU for all of the great recipes and inspiring ideas. What a great forum you all have.

Meet Bruno, our ever so reliable UDS!! Currently, he's smoking some "ABT's" minus the turds, a fryer, a chorizo fattie stuffed with rice & a mushroom and swiss fattie! Mmmmmmm...Yum-o! *See the smoke....(Yes, I named him Bruno, he didn't need to be completely masculine...lol.)

Here we are on this HOT (100+degree) Kansas day, it was a miserable sweat your butt off kind of day. Only good thing is beer tastes GREAT!~ (Joel didn't want to take a pic since his shirt was off, so I attempted the cover-up.)

One of our lil' Dudes playing with some toads in the pool, while we were smokin'.

Got a late start so dinner will be ready about 10PM or so
....more pics to come!

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 22, 2008
Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. Everything sounds great. Looking forward to the finished qview.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Welcome to SMF sounds like you have some good stuff in Bruno looking forward to the finished pics

ksuds

Joined Jul 12, 2009
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Only have about 3 more degrees left before we can pull everything....I'm getting anxious!

ksuds

Joined Jul 12, 2009
So, it was an interesting smoke....It was a learning smoke experience to say the least! Not very appetizing pics, but I told ya I'd post them!
Chorizo came off in a pile of rice woops...Chorizo is funny stuff though, I kind of expected it to be a disaster...

The ABT -turds were fantastic!!!!!

Also, the Mushroom & Swiss Fatty was delicious.....Thanks for that recipe!!!

Here is Bruno is a rage after we took everything off and just had the fryer left, hope it doesn't' get too smoky!

I'm hating my new camera, I'm still getting used to the flash...grrrr...

morkdach

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 8, 2007
looks good to me ksuds thanks for the qviews. hot was not the word here in kansas this weekend with the high humidity it was (
misserable)
welcome to smf

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Welcome to the forum. Good looking bunch of food from the UDS too!

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
Welcome to the forum. Looks like Bruno knows how to put out some fine food!

fire it up

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2009
Welcome to the forum, looks like you did a great job with your smoke, clear pics or not

100+ out? Man, So far here in Jersey we have only had 2 or 3 days where the temp has gone above 90. 79 out right now, I love it but the hot peppers are pretty angry about it.

Hope to see many more good smokes in the future.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Hey KSUDS welcome from Iowa. Looks like you know your stuff. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Anyone else notice the awesome use of the old gas grill carriage? Sweet. Gave you wheels, and a couple of shelves...nice!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
First off welcome to SMF. you'll like it here, this site is just full of information. Iydoes look like bruno does know what he's doing. Thanks for the Qview.

ksuds

Joined Jul 12, 2009

Great observation! Out with the old & in with the new! We like to think outside the box around here!

My Dad is the one who built the UDS for us, he has more $$$ in smokers (yes plural) than he knows what to do with, but I think the UDS would give him a run for his money, as far as pork butts go! Thanks to him we have all sorts of gadgets & digitals temps. Thanks Dad!

waysideranch

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2008
Looks like you guys are having a ball. Smoking and keeping the kids entertained can be hard at times. Great job.

countrysmoked

Smoke Blower
Joined May 20, 2009
Welcome aboard. I'm from KS too, It was miserable out last weekend but the beer was good and the pool felt fine. Where are you from the background in the pics looks familiar?

ksuds

Joined Jul 12, 2009
I'm outside of Pittsburg, where are you at? I want to party crash in your pool, lol!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.