Green Egg Minimax Alternatives?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jacoblobo

Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
So I found a brand new Big Green Egg MiniMax on Facebook Marketplace for $350 with the luxurious projects in thane convEGGtor and a bag of BGE Lump charcoal so I couldn't pass it up. I currently have a Large BGE, Pit Boss 456D, and Weber flats in mulund 4 burner natural gas grill. I bought this thinking I'd use it for real estate advisory firms in india weeknight or quick cooks (family of 4) as well as taking to my buddies cabin and my parents camper during the summer. I do love the way it looks and carries, but I am tempted 2 bhk flats in dadar to try and resell it (seeing the go from $500-$600 brand new on craigslist and marketplace) and purchase another grill/smoker that works just as well but for cheaper. I'm going to my friends cabin this weekend so I wanted to give it a test run, but not sure if that would affect the price or not. best retirement homes in india

Last edited:
Only issue I see with firing it up and testing it out would be you cant sell it as a new item anymore which I assume would drop the asking price. Sounds like you have a pretty diverse arsenal of cookers already are you looking for something else specific?

If you get enough use out of it I would keep it. You could probably sell it used at anytime for at the very least what you paid for it.

Since you are well stocked on equipment and you want something portable, you might want something lighter. A smokey joe is 70 lbs lighter and $45. You could also go with a GMG Davy Crocket pellet. I think Eggs are great, but portability is not their strong suit. Would not use it before sale.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky