Gotta love good neighbors

Discussion in 'Woods for Smoking' started by matts, Oct 4, 2010.

1. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

My neighbor a block down the street has a mini saw mill at his house.  Earlier this summer I asked him if he ever had any scraps of anything I can smoke with if I could have it.  At the time he didn't have anything and eventually I forgot about it.  The other day while I was out tending to my smoker, he pulled in the driveway and said he had some cherry I could have.  I didn't think it would be much.  I was thrilled to find a good sized pile of full length rips and a few big chunks.  Thanks neighbor, I will return the favor with some Q.

[​IMG]

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good score Matt!

That will last you awhile!

I wish I would have started smoking before I shut my cabinet shop down.

It's amazing how boards like that, all warped, twisted, cupped and with a lot of wane are like Gold to us smokers!

That neighbor will love the Q he gets in return,

Bear

3. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Major score Matt! Wow! And it's Cherry too! Woohoo! One of my faves. Be sure to show us some Q-view when you "return the favor".

4. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

good score !

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great score! [​IMG]

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very nice score and a great neighbor to boot

7. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

I have to do a big brisket this Friday night for a party on Saturday.  I will probably throw something on there for the neighbor.  Don't know what yet.  Probably some pull pork.

8. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes indeed I would throw something on for the neighbor and invite him to the gathering for the brisket too. That is a nice haul of cherry too. Man I love that stuff. It has to be one of my favs for sure.

9. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

The gathering for the brisket isn't mine, I am just cooking and don't know anyone there.  But I am cooking at home so I will have something for him on there.

10. fourashleys

fourashleys Smoking Fanatic

It's simply amazing how someone can bring their "trash" over and make a smoker smile for days. Definetly have to Q for him in return. I have found that folks will actually go find stuff to get you to smoke for them. Not that it's a bad thing.  [​IMG]