• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gotta love good neighbors

matts

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2010
My neighbor a block down the street has a mini saw mill at his house.  Earlier this summer I asked him if he ever had any scraps of anything I can smoke with if I could have it.  At the time he didn't have anything and eventually I forgot about it.  The other day while I was out tending to my smoker, he pulled in the driveway and said he had some cherry I could have.  I didn't think it would be much.  I was thrilled to find a good sized pile of full length rips and a few big chunks.  Thanks neighbor, I will return the favor with some Q.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Good score Matt!

That will last you awhile!

I wish I would have started smoking before I shut my cabinet shop down.

It's amazing how boards like that, all warped, twisted, cupped and with a lot of wane are like Gold to us smokers!

That neighbor will love the Q he gets in return,

Bear

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Major score Matt! Wow! And it's Cherry too! Woohoo! One of my faves. Be sure to show us some Q-view when you "return the favor".

matts

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2010
I have to do a big brisket this Friday night for a party on Saturday.  I will probably throw something on there for the neighbor.  Don't know what yet.  Probably some pull pork.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes indeed I would throw something on for the neighbor and invite him to the gathering for the brisket too. That is a nice haul of cherry too. Man I love that stuff. It has to be one of my favs for sure.

matts

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2010

Yes indeed I would throw something on for the neighbor and invite him to the gathering for the brisket too. That is a nice haul of cherry too. Man I love that stuff. It has to be one of my favs for sure.

The gathering for the brisket isn't mine, I am just cooking and don't know anyone there.  But I am cooking at home so I will have something for him on there.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
It's simply amazing how someone can bring their "trash" over and make a smoker smile for days. Definetly have to Q for him in return. I have found that folks will actually go find stuff to get you to smoke for them. Not that it's a bad thing.  

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks