Good morning brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

agrasyuk

Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
Chicagoland
My second try at brisket. First one I only got a bite as it disappeared without a trace betwee the guests. rumor had it that it was amazing.

Got up late, it took longer to trim that I planned , went into the smoker at 7:30am, quite bit later then i planned to.

2v2JqP69yxUHnUD.jpg

Reactions: HideP0under17737
Hope it goes well thinking of picking up a flat for tomorrow, meeting friends at a q joint about 4 today and may be burnt out by tomorrow lol

Thank you guys.

1PM, Color loos good, IT in the thick part of the flat is 151. Time to wrap it .

2v2JqiWmrxUHnUD.jpg

Mine is getting close to done I think..the IT went from 196f to 192f. Not sure what to make of that, but hey. Just letting it sit for a while at 225f until I'm positive she's butter tender all over! Like the colour on yours!

Reactions: agrasyuk
After returning the wrapped meat into cooker IT started climbing rapidly , probe was placed it middle part of the flat , just about where it meets the point . Thermometer was showing 198 ~3.5 hours second needke therm agreed with the wireless one) so I unwrapped as I was afraid it will be overdone. But since it wasn't tender enough I left it for a few more hours .

Ended up being presentable and very edible, but I was hoping for better. part of the flat under the point did pass the bend and the pull tests, but could be just a bit more tender. The thin part of flat was just to dry. Again, edible, and guests didn't complain (good half of it is gone) but I see room for improvement. Point got cubed and trayed for few more hours in the cooker swimming in drippings-BBQ sauce .

2v2JqVjBoxUHnUD.jpg

2v2JqVjAzxUHnUD.jpg

Among other dishes WFO baked jalapeno poppers were served. Now thise vere amazing )

2v2JqVj62xUHnUD.jpg

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky