• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WisconsinCampChef

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Edgerton, Wi
Hi All,

I havent posted in a while. We have been busy at work with COVID19 and trying to stay healthy. Hopefully everyone is doing the same, and using this extra time at home to grill and smoke! Last night was Good Friday and at we decided sea food was in order. We also had one sinner (me) who threw on some filets.

Shirmp marinated in olive oil, tomato paste, salt, pepper, lemon, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and basil. They were skewered and grilled at 500 degrees on KJ jr. for about 3mins per side. Great Marinade! they were the star of the show.

Salmon was marinated in a soy sauce, brown sugar mixture with lemon, pepper, and a little salt, seared in cast iron skin up first, then flipped and put into oven to coast to 135(my wife likes her salmon a little more done than most)

Scallops were also done on the Kamado Joe Jr. using a cast iron pan on the grill grates. Got the fire nuclear hot and seared them for 3 mins on one side, then added in a mixture of thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic to baste with. Scallops cooked for another 3 mins after flipping then moved onto serving plate with the slightly deglazed pan sauce (brown butter sauce was great!)

Steaks were reverse seared on the Yoder Smokers YS640. Low and slow at 225 for about an hour before coming off to rest lightly foiled for about 1/2 hour while getting ready to sear. Searing was accomplished by removing the the trap door from my heat difuser plate on the YS640 and cooking directly over the fire pot with the fire cranked up to HIGH.

some que view is attached, enjoy!

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
  • scallops.jpg
    scallops.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 33
  • shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 34
  • steak.jpg
    steak.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 33
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky