gonna try a corned beef tomorrow..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lookin good so far. what is the temp on the other one????
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That's about the temp where mine stalled last night. How long has it been at that temp???? They're lookin real good so far.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

dont really know, i had the thermometer (only one with batteries) in the smaller one..

Gotta love them batteries, always work when ya need'em. lol
Have you pulled the small one yet or is it still cooking?

wrapped it at 165.. what temp do i take it to inorder to slice it???

I would pull it at about 185 and wrap it (still foiled) in a towel and put it in a cooler (no ice, LOL) to rest while you're waiting for the other one. You should let the other one rest for an hour before slicing too.

ill pull it at 185 and into the cooler it goes.. it should get plenty of rest as im taking it to a buds house for a bbq..

#2 just hit 160, i wrapped it also..

If your slicing it really thin especially with a slicer.... you may want to let it cool off in the fridge for a while. Slices much nicer when it's cold. But if your like me..... keep some out to eat on in the meantime.

pulled em out.. they sure shoy up in a hurry when foiled..

slicing em with a knife when i get to the buds house.. finished qview wuill be added later..
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

wish me luck!!

heres the finished product.. one was excellent, the other VERY VERY salty!! also, they could have been more tender but, i believe thats because i didnt slice it in the right direction...

Looks really good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looking at your first finished pic it looks like you were slicing with the grain of the meat instead of against the grain. Like with my 1st, it was a learning experiance. Just keep doin them.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

They look great. If I am going to slice one that thick I usually go ahead and smoke it to 200 - 210. If I'm gonna run it through the slicer and slice it really thin I'll pull it at 180 - 185. They look incredible. I think I already said this before but corned beef can vary drastically in taste and tenderness from one cut to the next. Never got a bad one... they go from really good to excellent. Great job.

Shweeeeeet!
pig.jpg

well, i just had a few slices of leftovers.. i guarantee you one thing: next time i will surely llok at the sodium content before i buy another one.. the one i soaked in water for about 6 hours (water change a couple times) was extremely salty!! good, but very salty!!

i really wish i had some of cbb #1 left over..
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky