Gone Too Long...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah... about that.... I think Sharon said its going to be over 2000#s. I got the 24X60, 1/2 fire box, w/ 30" vertical, off road package wheels, extended fold down SS table. Plus all the little extras and fire management basket, rake, poker, a fire proof mat... sigh, yeah, its gonna be a beast. Again, why I want a flatbed tow truck and not a uhaul trailer. LOL :)

Thats awesome. Mine was same as yours except I went with 24x40 with 30" vertical. I did not do the off road package as I needed to be able to roll it into my standard 2 car garage.

You are going to love cooking on this. I ended buying later the firebox fire management basket. This made it even easier.

So yeah.... updates. I have good news, and I have bad news. (For me, not you all of course)

Good news is my pit will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Bad news is, after experiencing unusual coughing and chills at work on Wednesday, I had a COVID rapid test done (Thursday) and I'm COVID positive. So I've been stuck in our master bedroom since Thursday.

"She who must be obeyed" has tested negative, but there can be a dormancy stage so she'll need to be retested. She has the house and the pets... I have the master bedroom and bath (upps sorry, PC.... I have the "owners suite and bath")

God has been good to us, she is able to work from home, and has been since February last year.. I am an essential worker at my place of employment, and am required to show up for work (though I could totally do my job remotely. ) I am glad to still be employed in these times.

Never the less I won't be getting pics or video of the unloading (that I purposely bought a new camera and gear for) I won't be able to check my shipment for accuracy (not worried about)/damage (on the freight shipper,, am worried about) until about 5 days after delivery.

I'm a bit worried about my diagnosis, I have some pre-existing conditions (I've been trying to rid myself of - (weight and pre-hypertension)... guess I kicked the can down the road too far.

But aside from feeling jailed, I'm taking the meds and precautions to succeed and not affect my queen. No severe symptoms yet.... (knock on wood)

I'll let you guys know when the pit does arrive and I'll post what pics I take.

SMH.... wait nearly 5 months for your pit... for it to sit at arms reach for additional 5+ days. I'm just taking it as I was not supposed to be anywhere during this time. HE knows best... right? lol

So yeah.... updates. I have good news, and I have bad news. (For me, not you all of course)

Good news is my pit will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Bad news is, after experiencing unusual coughing and chills at work on Wednesday, I had a COVID rapid test done (Thursday) and I'm COVID positive. So I've been stuck in our master bedroom since Thursday.

"She who must be obeyed" has tested negative, but there can be a dormancy stage so she'll need to be retested. She has the house and the pets... I have the master bedroom and bath (upps sorry, PC.... I have the "owners suite and bath")

God has been good to us, she is able to work from home, and has been since February last year.. I am an essential worker at my place of employment, and am required to show up for work (though I could totally do my job remotely. ) I am glad to still be employed in these times.

Never the less I won't be getting pics or video of the unloading (that I purposely bought a new camera and gear for) I won't be able to check my shipment for accuracy (not worried about)/damage (on the freight shipper,, am worried about) until about 5 days after delivery.

I'm a bit worried about my diagnosis, I have some pre-existing conditions (I've been trying to rid myself of - (weight and pre-hypertension)... guess I kicked the can down the road too far.

But aside from feeling jailed, I'm taking the meds and precautions to succeed and not affect my queen. No severe symptoms yet.... (knock on wood)

I'll let you guys know when the pit does arrive and I'll post what pics I take.

SMH.... wait nearly 5 months for your pit... for it to sit at arms reach for additional 5+ days. I'm just taking it as I was not supposed to be anywhere during this time. HE knows best... right? lol

Health comes first beyond anything else. Take care of yourself, your pit will be waiting for you. Not sure how you are getting it delivered. I used a tow truck service from the freight terminal. Maybe this is an option so you don't have to interact with anyone.

IMG_20191218_105417.jpg

I'm having it delivered to my place of employment,. Was going to 7ncrate tgere then loaf it on a flatbed tow truck and bring it home.

Now I see it could be towed crated, I might just do that.

Thanks gclark!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky