Gone Too Long...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Xendau

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Long Beach, CA
I was gone way too long... missed the forum and so many here. Then I spent months trying to get my authenticator to work, finally I just emailed Jeff... (thanks again Jeff!)

Some of you may remember my excitement almost 2 years ago to the date when I found this site looking for info on my recently purchased OKJ Longhorn RF.

Well, the ol boy did his job ok... I got fed up with the temp inconsistencies . The paint peel from moderate heat in the firebox. Not to mention I'm cooking far more often and for increasingly larger number of people.

For over 2 years I've been eyeballing a high quality smoker. As of August 9th, I placed my order with and eagerly await my Lone Star Grillz 24x60 with 31" vertical smoker.

I opted for the 1/2" firebox, and almost every other bell and whistle. The only choice I left off was the warming oven, and I'm still contemplating that. SMH

I really wanted it as a trailer, but I had to choose between a smaller basic trailer mount, or larger "backyard" with all the options.

^^^^Pregnant with anticipation ^^^^

Welcome back. Glad you made it. Congratulations on the new smoker and an awesome stick burner at that.

Reactions: Xendau
Glad you are back. Make sure to post up that new smoker when it arrives. If I were you , budget allowing I’d go ahead and add that warmer box. The smoker will last you a lifetime and more. May as well go that little extra bit to insure you’ve got everything you could want on it.

Welcome back. Glad you made it. Congratulations on the new smoker and an awesome stick burner at that.

Thanks for the Welcome Back... I feel like a kid at Christmas. I can't wait. I am looking forward to that notification email letting me know they are starting construction on it and the estimated delivery day.

I cant have it delivered to my home, its too big & heavy. I need a loading dock or forklift....

So, I'll be having it delivered to my job, uncrating it, loading it on a trailer or tow truck (friend owns a towing business) and taking it home.

Glad you are back. Make sure to post up that new smoker when it arrives. If I were you , budget allowing I’d go ahead and add that warmer box. The smoker will last you a lifetime and more. May as well go that little extra bit to insure you’ve got everything you could want on it.

Thanks for the WB!
Absolutely will post up pics of the dance I'm going to have to do to get this home, and when she gets there.

I'm sure I could squeeze it in, and from what I've seen, it can double as a cooking chamber. Ill call and ask about that as it may not be effective. But it would be a nice place to keep items and avoid the kitchen altogether.

Hi ya Al! You know it... I'm inviting family & friends to stop by and grab some food on the third fire. (of course always being responsible distancing peoples. "No hangin around, you got your food, now git! Love ya.... come through when Rona's gone.")

I'm gonna do a seasoning something in this thread. I'm surprised, not a whole lot of info or videos on LSG mods, tips, tricks etc.

Anyhow, I'm stoked as hell...

Last edited:
All right... here is an update. Been gone way too long again, but I honestly have not been smoking or grilling these past few months. But ALL of that is about to change.

My LSG has shipped. I will be on here a lot more checking out the tons of recipes that reside here. I will be doing some side by side comparisons, and just generally trying new things out and documenting how they go.

Any how... I have to say, I cannot wait! I wont get an actual day of delivery until tomorrow. But its 5-10 days out. (I even bought a new camera to take pics of the delivery, home, and future cooks.

Wish me luck, first REAL stick burner.

Welcome back. Glad to see your new toy is on its way I thought you would of had a longer wait period.
So looks like a break in time is coming and a great celebration should be due for valentine's Day. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Please dont say that... Ive waited too long as it is! LOL They were saying about 18-22 weeks til finish of fabrication. 18 weeks would have been December 14th, Last week they called and let me know it was finished and it would ship today which is exactly the 22 week mark. Sure it would have been amazing to have before the holiday... but there are a ton of holidays to go! :)

All right... here is an update. Been gone way too long again, but I honestly have not been smoking or grilling these past few months. But ALL of that is about to change.

My LSG has shipped. I will be on here a lot more checking out the tons of recipes that reside here. I will be doing some side by side comparisons, and just generally trying new things out and documenting how they go.

Any how... I have to say, I cannot wait! I wont get an actual day of delivery until tomorrow. But its 5-10 days out. (I even bought a new camera to take pics of the delivery, home, and future cooks.

Wish me luck, first REAL stick burner.
That's exciting. I received mine last Wednesday. I've had a fire in it every night learning how to manage the temps. I think I have it dialed in now. It's a fun smoker.

Thanks Smokin Okie! Ill get pics up as soon as I'm home with it. I am heading this weekend to go purchase some wood to be delivered.

joetee joetee - How long did it take for the shipping tracking system to update for you? Its been 24 hours and it still hasnt updated my shipping details. (Im sure it will, just a bit pregnant with anticipation)

Reactions: joetee
joetee joetee - How long did it take for the shipping tracking system to update for you? Its been 24 hours and it still hasnt updated my shipping details. (Im sure it will, just a bit pregnant with anticipation)
Well I received the email that said it had shipped. I, like you, checked the status and didn't see anything either. A day or two I seen it was in transit. I waited a few days and it said it was received at local delivery destination what ever it said. I called and they said it was ready for delivery to my address which was the next day. It only took about 5 or 6 days from shipment date. Sorry I don't remember actual dates. But it was faster than I thought it would be. I live in kentucky.

Well I received the email that said it had shipped. I, like you, checked the status and didn't see anything either. A day or two I seen it was in transit. I waited a few days and it said it was received at local delivery destination what ever it said. I called and they said it was ready for delivery to my address which was the next day. It only took about 5 or 6 days from shipment date. Sorry I don't remember actual dates. But it was faster than I thought it would be. I live in kentucky.

Hmmm.... It says the carrier is supposed to contact me before arrival. The good thing is I have it coming to my place of employment. They cannot curb deliver it, as it is too large. So I needed someplace with a loading dock and/or forklift. So it has to come here, and Ill be here either way. I just need to hire a flatbed tow truck (seems easier than a uhaul trailer) to move it from work to my place, so I want to make arrangements for that.

Hmmm.... It says the carrier is supposed to contact me before arrival. The good thing is I have it coming to my place of employment. They cannot curb deliver it, as it is too large. So I needed someplace with a loading dock and/or forklift. So it has to come here, and Ill be here either way. I just need to hire a flatbed tow truck (seems easier than a uhaul trailer) to move it from work to my place, so I want to make arrangements for that.
Remember, this thing is heavy. Mine in the crate was 777#'s.
What pit did you order?

Yeah... about that.... I think Sharon said its going to be over 2000#s. I got the 24X60, 1/2 fire box, w/ 30" vertical, off road package wheels, extended fold down SS table. Plus all the little extras and fire management basket, rake, poker, a fire proof mat... sigh, yeah, its gonna be a beast. Again, why I want a flatbed tow truck and not a uhaul trailer. LOL :)

Reactions: joetee
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky