Gone But Not Forgotten Voting!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Choose one

• Air Fried Chicken Thighs

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • 5 Boned Pork Rib Roast

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Peanut Butter Meltways

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Chicken and Andouille Sausage Paella

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Simple Jeff Phillips Original Rub & Sauced Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Pastrami and swiss on toasted rye

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Ok fellas and non fellas it's finally time to cast your vote!
download.png

Thanks to all who entered!

1)Air Fried Chicken Thighs with Mash Taters and Gravy and side of Cranberry Sauce
bear.jpg

2) 5 Boned Pork Rib Roast : Brined-Trimmed-Smoked and Glazed
With Cinnamon Sweet Potato and Green Beans and Mushrooms
DSC_6986.JPG

3)Peanut Butter Meltways--a simple, creamy dessert made from milk chocolate, white chocolate, and smooth peanut butter
IMG_1824.jpeg

4)Chicken and Andouille Sausage Paella
4.jpg

5)Simple Jeff Phillips Original Rub & Sauced Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Mac, & Green Salad
4EB9045B-52BB-4874-85C1-1F35CC6D07D0.jpeg

6)Pastrami and swiss on toasted rye with homemade sauerkraut and russian dressing
PXL_20230319_210355840.jpg

Man this one was tough. Looking at the entries and all of the possible choices they had made it tough but we have 6 strong contenders for sure.

Great job everyone. Can't wait for voting to be over to see the full threads you all put up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE and clifish
WOW! Some damned fine looking food posted there for voting.
And makes it harder when I know, or have a good guess, who some are in remembrance of.

That Paella looks great!
But I can't help wanting to see if the chef got the socarrat (bottom crust) done properly.
A good socarrat is the sign of a talented and experienced paella chef.

The rib roast is drool worthy, and the plate looks fantastic.

I got a speck of dust in my eye checking out those PB Meltaways.

Do I spy the shape/marks of the can on the cranberry sauce? Believe it or not, when I was a kid we bickered of the top vs bottom of the sauce, which had more flavor and who was getting it.
It never got mashed up, was always served as slices.

Dang, how the hell can I vote on these six plates?!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
WOW! Some damned fine looking food posted there for voting.
And makes it harder when I know, or have a good guess, who some are in remembrance of.

That Paella looks great!
But I can't help wanting to see if the chef got the socarrat (bottom crust) done properly.
A good socarrat is the sign of a talented and experienced paella chef.

The rib roast is drool worthy, and the plate looks fantastic.

I got a speck of dust in my eye checking out those PB Meltaways.

Do I spy the shape/marks of the can on the cranberry sauce? Believe it or not, when I was a kid we bickered of the top vs bottom of the sauce, which had more flavor and who was getting it.
It never got mashed up, was always served as slices.

Dang, how the hell can I vote on these five plates?!

6 plates lol.......did you and bmudd14474 bmudd14474 go to school together!?!?! Lol jk bud

Good to see the peanut butter melt aways made it. I was wondering if they would. I’d definitely like to taste test them. Surprised to not see anything from pops brine. Thanks to those who put forth the effort to honor those who have gone before us.

Reactions: JLeonard
Good to see the peanut butter melt aways made it. I was wondering if they would. I’d definitely like to taste test them. Surprised to not see anything from pops brine. Thanks to those who put forth the effort to honor those who have gone before us.
There may or may not be a pops post up there. I will reveal the inspiration behind each entry once voting has closed

Yes, everyone needs to vote rather than sitting on the sidelines!

Last edited:
Reactions: TNJAKE
Awesome work on all entries! You can definitely see the love and respect put into each one! Thank you to each for putting in the effort!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky