• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Goals in Smoking

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
Now is a great time to plan for what is left in our bucket list of things to do!

My attention is to do more with curing beef.  Corned beef, dried beef, pastrami, etc.  Maybe even beef bacon if I could find a beef plate to do.  

What is your's?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Mine would be a whole hog.

It would have to be a small one to fit in my smoker, but I think there is room.

Al

wimpy69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 4, 2014
For me, with my new smoker I can really concentrate on smoke drying peppers for flakes and powders. Beside my own use for rubs I have a nice little market that I can't keep up with. Now ill be able to dry around 12sq'at a time. Also with all the pepper products try my hand at making gourmet jerky with a variety of proteins.

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
Great post Pops!

Yep, me too. I am about to dial in my chamber. A challenging goal indeed. 

• Coppa
  • Salumi
  • Pancetta
  • Etc

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Same here.

C farmer doesn't know it yet, but he's gonna tell me how to make my chamber.
I have all the parts and pieces. I bought Dingo007's stuff from him last spring? Whenever he decided to up root and travel before going back to Australia.

So another spring or two and I should have it put together!!!

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
Not a smoked meat but culatello is on my bucket list. I have a large pig bladder...so halfway there. lol

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.