1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Glad to be smokin again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamminjimi, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jamminjimi

jamminjimi Meat Mopper

It has been a few months since I have smoked anything. My wife and I bought a business on 07-23-2010 in Estes Park CO. The weekend before taking possession I had a smoke off with a buddy. Man that was a good time. Anyway I am having an open house/ filter sale next Friday. So I decided to break ground with the locals. By giving them home cooked BBQ. I am smoking 8 pork butts. That is what prompted me check in and do some reading. I had forgotten my temps that I would be using. I did check in a few weeks ago. And seen the thread about the passing of Ronp. I was very saddened by this news. Ron was a mentor mine and a damn fine person.

RIP Ron

2. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Congrats on the new business and glad to hear your getting back into the smoking. When we lost Ron we lost a good one for sure.

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Glad to hear you are getting back on the smoking wagon. Your locals will love you for it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010