Ginger Salami To Fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Out of the closet
IMG_5166.JPG

Into the fridge
IMG_5167.JPG

A curious to try it. Have everything needed but the 50 mm casings. Have the smaller size should work just fine. Don't recall where I read it but someone mentioned to wrap the sausage in plastic wrap to hold in the humidity when fermenting. Your thoughts on this?

A curious to try it. Have everything needed but the 50 mm casings. Have the smaller size should work just fine. Don't recall where I read it but someone mentioned to wrap the sausage in plastic wrap to hold in the humidity when fermenting. Your thoughts on this?
You ferment while in the 50mm UMAi casing. No humidity needed with UMAi

Reactions: chopsaw
Those are looking great . I've had some 50mm bags for over a year . Had a fridge shoot craps , and no room in the others .
Gonna be good .

Thanks. I did not know that. So it's just the temperature then for the first step.
Yes. temp for fermenting.

UMAi casings are very easy to use and dont require fancy equipment for great success. For the final process (drying) just use your home fridge (frostfree)

Coming along good.
Cubed smoked swiss on left. Smoked cheddar on right.
IMG_5239.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky