Get out the bibs, Boys and Girls! Post your favorite Mini-WSM Q-view here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First smoke with my new mini WSM.  Had a bit of an issue with temps running a little hot, was shooting for 250 F. Still turned out pretty darn good.  8 lb pork butt on for 8.5 hours with applewood, smoker temps 250 to 275, taken to IT of 202 degrees.

Last edited:
New to the forum. Built my mini wsm about two months ago, thought I would share some delicious pics..

This was my first smoke...tritip and some corn

This was #2 sitting chicken...

Then I took a shot at some carnitas style shoulder for taco's

Forgot to take pics of the ribs I did last weekend....they were good though!

Now I am hungry.

Second smoke on my mini. Spur of the moment I decided to try my first Pork Shots. The cheap bacon I bought was a little to cheap, as when I opened it up the strips were all to pieces. I managed to find enough that were long enough to make 11 shots, so I rubbed the rest of the Kielbasa and threw it on with the shots.

Getting ready to pull. Sorry, no flash on my phone.

http://s510.photobucket.com/user/bf...4-09/IMG_20140914_193156_zpsgolpxbym.jpg.html

Ready to cool down

http://s510.photobucket.com/user/bf...4-09/IMG_20140914_193425_zpsbwobxgbf.jpg.html

Tagalong... how are you liking the Mini ?? can i ask what you use to monitor temps ? do you use a diffuser ?? how long did you cook the pork shotz ?? how did you like them ?? the reason I'm asking is... they look a little over done... maybe cooking to hot... or to long....

I agree that they look overdone. I have a Maverick 732, but didn't use it on this cook since I knew it would be a quickie. I'm still learning my heat management on the mini and was probably running a little hot as they were on less than 2 hrs. I'm using the steamer insert as a diffuser.

After trying them, I would say they are slightly overdone, but still good. I like my bacon crispy anyway.

Last edited:
Tried a little Stout Pepper Beef yesterday....

Rubbed and ready...2 lb Chuck Roast

Kitty knows what's up...

a bit of hickory and some left over apple wood

and away we go....

meanwhile in the kitchen...mini bell peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeno

everyone sliced up and in the pool...

12 oz of stout..1 oz of werchestichirserieserewsetrstser

Holding at 250...smelling good

3 hours later....

roast off and into foiled pan. was glad to find one a pan that would fit in the mini, had to bend the edges but it worked.

3 hours later...pulled apart...then back on the mini...it probably could have kept going another hour, I had to "PULL" it apart as it wasn't completely fork tender yet...that would likely have been 2 hours longer. but I was getting hungry :)

1.5 hour later...I pulled the foil with about 30 minutes left to get the juice to reduce a bit. You can imagine how awesome this smells!

Toasted my favorite rolls on the mini for about 5 minutes..cheese on the top and bottom

lighting in my kitchen makes everything look yellow?

MMMMMMMMMMM......that is one good sammie!

I pushed this a bit...I think if I gave the whole cook 10 hours the roast would have pulled apart around the 8 hour mark. But I was hungry...and so was Kitty!

Tried a little Stout Pepper Beef yesterday....

Rubbed and ready...2 lb Chuck Roast

Kitty knows what's up...

a bit of hickory and some left over apple wood

and away we go....

meanwhile in the kitchen...mini bell peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeno

everyone sliced up and in the pool...

12 oz of stout..1 oz of werchestichirserieserewsetrstser

Holding at 250...smelling good

3 hours later....

roast off and into foiled pan. was glad to find one a pan that would fit in the mini, had to bend the edges but it worked.

3 hours later...pulled apart...then back on the mini...it probably could have kept going another hour, I had to "PULL" it apart as it wasn't completely fork tender yet...that would likely have been 2 hours longer. but I was getting hungry :)

1.5 hour later...I pulled the foil with about 30 minutes left to get the juice to reduce a bit. You can imagine how awesome this smells!

Toasted my favorite rolls on the mini for about 5 minutes..cheese on the top and bottom

lighting in my kitchen makes everything look yellow?

MMMMMMMMMMM......that is one good sammie!

I pushed this a bit...I think if I gave the whole cook 10 hours the roast would have pulled apart around the 8 hour mark. But I was hungry...and so was Kitty!
Tasty looking Sandwee, nice smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky