German Night= Beef Rouladen, Spaetzle and Apple Strudel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hell ya David! This looks awesome. You did a great job with the pictures! Point!

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

It was fun to build and eat, lol

Thanks about the pictures, I know I take and post a lot. But like to show the process
Somethings I can't get shots of because well only 2 hands. Ha Ha

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
An absolutely phenomenal meal David! It looks like a lot of work but the effort is definitely worth it! I would absolutely love to sit down to something like that, very nicely done!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow! Looks great! I was born across the border in former czechoslovakia many years ago and that is one of the favorite foods (both) that I still make time to time. Few minor diferences in fillings and such.Germany uses pasta and checks use dumplings. It has been some time since I made any. Mainly due to wife's diet needs. Now I WANT some! Lol.

Here is " Oma " Gerhild Fulson 's web site, lots of foods I have never heard of . Give it a look
I was looking at that early. Bookmark her page. This sauerbraten has the house smelling amazing!!! I used 3 recipes combinded. As usual I did not write down. If it taste anything like it smells I going to regret not writing down.

Hell yes David, an all-around fantastic piece of work, and a lot of it! Be hard to find room for dessert after a meal like that, but thar strudel, I'd find room! RAY

Great God David!! That looks absolutely amazing. A truly epic meal buddy. I love Rouladen and have made it several times, but yours looks to beat any that I've done hands down. Beautiful meal and a fantastic post. Well done sir!!

Robert

An absolutely phenomenal meal David! It looks like a lot of work but the effort is definitely worth it! I would absolutely love to sit down to something like that, very nicely done!

Thanks Joe for the Love and the comment

There was a little work to get organized , but than almost smooth sailing.
But very well worth it . the Rouladen and the Strudel were nice with the added smoke.

David

Wow! Looks great! I was born across the border in former czechoslovakia many years ago and that is one of the favorite foods (both) that I still make time to time. Few minor diferences in fillings and such.Germany uses pasta and checks use dumplings. It has been some time since I made any. Mainly due to wife's diet needs. Now I WANT some! Lol.

Thanks for the comment

I was tossed between Spaetzle and potato dumplings , tried the Spaetzle as it is new to me . And I do lots of potato items.
The potato dumplings that the same lady ( web site ) has sounds nice and I might make them soon. Thanks for looking and glad you liked it. We are of German heritage but way back. And not any real meals that I can say were passed down that are still made today in our family group, lol

David

I was looking at that early. Bookmark her page. This sauerbraten has the house smelling amazing!!! I used 3 recipes combinded. As usual I did not write down. If it taste anything like it smells I going to regret not writing down.

Ha , sounds like me Brian. I like to add 2 or 3 different recipes together when trying things . Sometimes it works and than sometimes not.

Your sauerbraten sounds real good. cant wait to see and hear how it turned out

David

Hell yes David, an all-around fantastic piece of work, and a lot of it! Be hard to find room for dessert after a meal like that, but thar strudel, I'd find room! RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

It really was a good meal, and I was full. But always, I can find room for dessert. And the Strudel was the right ticket to find room for.

David

Great God David!! That looks absolutely amazing. A truly epic meal buddy. I love Rouladen and have made it several times, but yours looks to beat any that I've done hands down. Beautiful meal and a fantastic post. Well done sir!!

Robert

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

Nice of you to say , I have done beef rollups before but wanted to make a full German style Rouladen , and the sides . The lady I got the recipes from showed how to do it the way her Grandmother showed her to do it and the Spaetzle and the Strudel.

The way I made the Rouladen made for 1 of the best gravy's I have ever made. And I make a lot of gravy's.

Good meal and , will be trying more of hers from her site.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky