German Night= Beef Rouladen, Spaetzle and Apple Strudel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hell ya David! This looks awesome. You did a great job with the pictures! Point!

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

It was fun to build and eat, lol

Thanks about the pictures, I know I take and post a lot. But like to show the process
Somethings I can't get shots of because well only 2 hands. Ha Ha

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
An absolutely phenomenal meal David! It looks like a lot of work but the effort is definitely worth it! I would absolutely love to sit down to something like that, very nicely done!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow! Looks great! I was born across the border in former czechoslovakia many years ago and that is one of the favorite foods (both) that I still make time to time. Few minor diferences in fillings and such.Germany uses pasta and checks use dumplings. It has been some time since I made any. Mainly due to wife's diet needs. Now I WANT some! Lol.

Here is " Oma " Gerhild Fulson 's web site, lots of foods I have never heard of . Give it a look
I was looking at that early. Bookmark her page. This sauerbraten has the house smelling amazing!!! I used 3 recipes combinded. As usual I did not write down. If it taste anything like it smells I going to regret not writing down.

Hell yes David, an all-around fantastic piece of work, and a lot of it! Be hard to find room for dessert after a meal like that, but thar strudel, I'd find room! RAY

Great God David!! That looks absolutely amazing. A truly epic meal buddy. I love Rouladen and have made it several times, but yours looks to beat any that I've done hands down. Beautiful meal and a fantastic post. Well done sir!!

Robert

An absolutely phenomenal meal David! It looks like a lot of work but the effort is definitely worth it! I would absolutely love to sit down to something like that, very nicely done!

Thanks Joe for the Love and the comment

There was a little work to get organized , but than almost smooth sailing.
But very well worth it . the Rouladen and the Strudel were nice with the added smoke.

David

Wow! Looks great! I was born across the border in former czechoslovakia many years ago and that is one of the favorite foods (both) that I still make time to time. Few minor diferences in fillings and such.Germany uses pasta and checks use dumplings. It has been some time since I made any. Mainly due to wife's diet needs. Now I WANT some! Lol.

Thanks for the comment

I was tossed between Spaetzle and potato dumplings , tried the Spaetzle as it is new to me . And I do lots of potato items.
The potato dumplings that the same lady ( web site ) has sounds nice and I might make them soon. Thanks for looking and glad you liked it. We are of German heritage but way back. And not any real meals that I can say were passed down that are still made today in our family group, lol

David

I was looking at that early. Bookmark her page. This sauerbraten has the house smelling amazing!!! I used 3 recipes combinded. As usual I did not write down. If it taste anything like it smells I going to regret not writing down.

Ha , sounds like me Brian. I like to add 2 or 3 different recipes together when trying things . Sometimes it works and than sometimes not.

Your sauerbraten sounds real good. cant wait to see and hear how it turned out

David

Hell yes David, an all-around fantastic piece of work, and a lot of it! Be hard to find room for dessert after a meal like that, but thar strudel, I'd find room! RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

It really was a good meal, and I was full. But always, I can find room for dessert. And the Strudel was the right ticket to find room for.

David

Great God David!! That looks absolutely amazing. A truly epic meal buddy. I love Rouladen and have made it several times, but yours looks to beat any that I've done hands down. Beautiful meal and a fantastic post. Well done sir!!

Robert

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

Nice of you to say , I have done beef rollups before but wanted to make a full German style Rouladen , and the sides . The lady I got the recipes from showed how to do it the way her Grandmother showed her to do it and the Spaetzle and the Strudel.

The way I made the Rouladen made for 1 of the best gravy's I have ever made. And I make a lot of gravy's.

Good meal and , will be trying more of hers from her site.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky