Gator: Where Can I Get Some

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
allright ray    we got some gator meat here in miami    but i thought you buckeyes wouldnt want anything to do with the gators

but seriously its really only good fried   not good for the smoker   i dont know if i could ship it up there?

allright ray    we got some gator meat here in miami    but i thought you buckeyes wouldnt want anything to do with the gators

but seriously its really only good fried   not good for the smoker   i dont know if i could ship it up there?
That was my concern after I left the message.  As for us buckeye ppl not like that kinda thing, well I'm not your normal buckeye.  I've lived in Arizona and ate rattler, I bow hunt here in ohio and what I shoot, I eat. This includes ground hog, squirrel, rabbit, deer, and whatever else I think I can make tastey. LOL.  I believe that's my native american blood comin outta me.  and proud of it.

Maybe someone else will see this thread and have an idea on shippin.

Thanks for the reply,

--ray--

(O|||||||O)

www.tonyseafood.com

Place here in Baton Rouge that ships all over the country.

Probably get some gator from da swamp people.

Gator probably won't spoil, if you don't kill it before you ship it!  Where there's a will there's a way !

Kinda like a lone PA bear hunter gets a 500 pound bear to the truck.

You gotta wound him, walk him to the truck and force him into the back of the truck at gun point---Then finish him off. It's the only way!

Bear

Reactions: silverwolf636
Yep Gatorama is just down the road from me, they even have gator ribs, but the tail is the best part.

I never had any Gator, but I have always enjoyed a nice piece of tail.

Bear
Sometimes ya just have to say it 
th_nopicsye3.gif
   just sayin
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Silverwolf,I too would like some gator;haven't had it in a while.Not sure about getting it,but crawfish are no problem
drool.gif

I am in Gibsonburg and would love to split the cost of a bunch of bugs,even get you and SOB to come over and have a party
devil.gif

a good one,loud ,long ,and if the neighbors complain,ask them over.

I am going in for Knee surgery the 25th of this month,6 weeks later I can start it up again
banana_smiley.gif
The wife and I will have our 25th weddind day

in Sept. and I want to get my girl out and play
439.gif

Drop me a PM and we can maybe plan something
biggrin.gif

Here's my smoker:

eee5e035_Betty002.jpg

have fun and,

I love gator. When I lived in Miami ate it all of the time. Tail fried is the best but I have had Gator ribs with BBQ sauce (don't think it was smoked) and gator wings. All were very good but nothing can beat the tail breaded and fried served with a spicy tarter style sauce (one place I used to eat at called it swamp sauce). Tastes like chicken that lives in water. Places I have ordered from since living up north again are:

www.cajungrocer.com  - good stuff

www.exoticmeatsandmore.com - a bunch of different exotic meats

www.gatorama.com - My favorite, maybe I like gators with Florida accents

Great now I have to order more and break out the deep fryer. Just the thought of it mmmm....          
drool.gif

Reactions: silverwolf636
Bear you are on a roll  aren`t you ... LMAO  Gator is ok and I have eaten lots of it but I would chase down a nice Bullfrog first and maybe some Goo.
yahoo.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky