• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Here I go with more spam stuff. Has anyone tried spam w/ Japanese barbecue sauce?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

dr rat

Smoking Fanatic
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
393
Reaction score
814
I was looking for some spam with bacon for a recipe and ran across these. Has anybody tried them yet? Think I’m gonna have to pick some up and try
IMG_2221.jpeg
 
I have eaten lots of smoked spam with BBQ sauce. I have tried that one though…..I’m sure it’s good!
 
Hawaiian national potted meat.
They sell it everywhere here.
I thought I've tried them all, but haven't seen that one.
I like the original low salt best, in fried rice.
 
Guess I’m late to the party. It was a Walmart exclusive and it looks like it’s out of stock everywhere.
 
Guess I’m late to the party. It was a Walmart exclusive and it looks like it’s out of stock everywhere.
Get ya a bottle of Bachans . Shows the original on the label . I've had the OG , but like the yuzu the best . Walmart should sell it . Just be advised the sauce serving size is 1 TBL and has 26 % daily allowance of sodium .
20260928_094130.jpg
 
Hawaiian national potted meat.
They sell it everywhere here.
I thought I've tried them all, but haven't seen that one.
I like the original low salt best, in fried rice.

This. Heavily utilized among the Pacific Island groups Polynesia, (incl. Hawaii IIRC) Melanesia, Micronesia.
 
I gave up on the flavored Spam(s) after the Korean BBQ one as it was meh at best.

I just stick with the 25% less sodium original,smoke it,slice it and grill it. I have a bottle of Bachan's in the fridge and can just add it if/when wanted.
 
Hawaiian national potted meat.
They sell it everywhere here.
I thought I've tried them all, but haven't seen that one.
I like the original low salt best, in fried rice.
I live in Hawaii, and our Costco has pallet loads of spam out on the floor for sale. I haven't eaten spam for around 65 years or so, but I may try it again after passing it through my smoker.

My wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) isn't keen on the idea, so this may (will) become just a passing fancy. She asks why am i considering Spam when I have a freezer full of prime steaks and excellent pork cuts. She's not (hardly ever) wrong...
 
I live in Hawaii, and our Costco has pallet loads of spam out on the floor for sale. I haven't eaten spam for around 65 years or so, but I may try it again after passing it through my smoker.

My wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) isn't keen on the idea, so this may (will) become just a passing fancy. She asks why am i considering Spam when I have a freezer full of prime steaks and excellent pork cuts. She's not (hardly ever) wrong...
My wife is the same way. Luckily my grocery has single slices. It's my fiend for yourself supper days.
 
Better to fend for yourself as necessary, than be a "fiend for yourself" occasionally. Maybe that's not so bad, either, depending on your proclivities...:D
You makin fun of my southern accent or grammar? Been tryin to teach my phones spell check! LoL
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky