Gasket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ndhunter

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Velva, North Dakota
I'm getting to the point where I need to find a gasket for my fridge build. Does anyone have any leads in a good gasket? I have roughly a 1/2" gap between the door a fridge face. I'd like to use rivets or screws to attach it to either the inside of the door or to the fridge face. A e shape gasket would work or a p shaped one as well. I also like the idea of a flat silicone gasket. Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken

i had a 5\8" gap on my door and bought a D shaped gasket that is hollow in the middle from mcmastercarr.com  I used a food grade high temp silicone to adhere it.  a year later it is still perfectly sealed and has not pulled apart anywhere.  

I would look at this part number 8815K26 at McMaster-Carr.

If you look at this build by ScooterMagoo you will see how he installed it. (click on build)

Good Luck!

FotoMike

Last edited:

By chance ballagh do you have the sku number to your gasket? I cant seem to find it. Thanks
9141k924 is their sku.  and i used a high temp food grade silicone to adhere it.  duct taped them down and sealed the door for 24 hours.  1 year later no leaks no pulling apart anywhere.  very happy with it.

On my frig smoker door gasket I just used the 1 inch foam door seals from home depot that has the ons side that has the sticky tape that you pull off ,it worked great and compresses for a great door seal .

We have used Tadpole before  works great

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky