• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gasket

ndhunter

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 26, 2014
I'm getting to the point where I need to find a gasket for my fridge build. Does anyone have any leads in a good gasket? I have roughly a 1/2" gap between the door a fridge face. I'd like to use rivets or screws to attach it to either the inside of the door or to the fridge face. A e shape gasket would work or a p shaped one as well. I also like the idea of a flat silicone gasket. Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken

dasbear

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 25, 2013
I just ordered my gasket for a freezer build from McMaster-Carr they have both profiles e and p.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2006
i had a 5\8" gap on my door and bought a D shaped gasket that is hollow in the middle from mcmastercarr.com  I used a food grade high temp silicone to adhere it.  a year later it is still perfectly sealed and has not pulled apart anywhere.  

ndhunter

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 26, 2014
By chance ballagh do you have the sku number to your gasket? I cant seem to find it. Thanks

fotomike

Joined Apr 19, 2014
I would look at this part number 8815K26 at McMaster-Carr.

If you look at this build by ScooterMagoo you will see how he installed it. (click on build)

Good Luck!

FotoMike

Last edited:

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2006

By chance ballagh do you have the sku number to your gasket? I cant seem to find it. Thanks
9141k924 is their sku.  and i used a high temp food grade silicone to adhere it.  duct taped them down and sealed the door for 24 hours.  1 year later no leaks no pulling apart anywhere.  very happy with it.

mazakbill

Joined Feb 16, 2015
On my frig smoker door gasket I just used the 1 inch foam door seals from home depot that has the ons side that has the sticky tape that you pull off ,it worked great and compresses for a great door seal .

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
We have used Tadpole before  works great

Gary

mazakbill

Joined Feb 16, 2015
This shows the gasket around the edges, the door needed to be reattached because of rust and had a 3/4 gap and was twisted .with this sometimes I have to pry it open with a screw drive it seals so good.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.