• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bone in Ribeye with Sorrel Sauce! 🥩🥩🥩🥩

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

SmokinAussie

Smoke Blower
Joined
Jun 24, 2026
Messages
120
Reaction score
250
Location
Gold Coast, QLD, Downside Up Land.
G'Day Bruces! :emoji_sunglasses:

Well this was interesting, but pretty good.

I started with this YT Ribeye!
P-20260926-120802.jpg


Seasoned with some Rosemary Garlic Sage Salt. That went in the fridge to dry out for a few hours.

P-20260926-121243.jpg


Chopped up my Sorrel which I've had growing in my herb garden for a while. Time to use it!
P-20260926-173125.jpg


In my little CS Pan it went with some butter and a French Shallotte. The plonk was for me.

P_20260926_173529.jpg


Then it turned swamp colour like I was told it would. Cooked it down with white wine.

P-20260926-173821.jpg


Took most out and blitzed it. Then returned to the pan.
P-20260926-175042.jpg


Added cream.
P-20260926-175141.jpg


Reduce and Thicken.
P-20260926-175454.jpg


Pass off, add a little seasoning.
P-20260926-185125.jpg


Steak time.
P-20260926-191634.jpg


First rest.
P-20260926-191808.jpg


Second Rest.
P-20260926-195626.jpg


Sliced roughly... I was getting hungry. Oh yeah and asparagus!
P-20260926-203239.jpg


Then the sorrel sauce.
P-20260926-204058.jpg


Well it sure is meant for a steak, I gotta say. I did not get a good fork shot cause it was going down the hatch too fast.

If you can find some Sorrel anywhere, give it a go!

Cheers!

Bill
 
G'Day Bruces! :emoji_sunglasses:

Well this was interesting, but pretty good.

I started with this YT Ribeye!
P-20260926-120802.jpg


Seasoned with some Rosemary Garlic Sage Salt. That went in the fridge to dry out for a few hours.

P-20260926-121243.jpg


Chopped up my Sorrel which I've had growing in my herb garden for a while. Time to use it!
P-20260926-173125.jpg


In my little CS Pan it went with some butter and a French Shallotte. The plonk was for me.

View attachment 741328

Then it turned swamp colour like I was told it would. Cooked it down with white wine.

P-20260926-173821.jpg


Took most out and blitzed it. Then returned to the pan.
P-20260926-175042.jpg


Added cream.
P-20260926-175141.jpg


Reduce and Thicken.
P-20260926-175454.jpg


Pass off, add a little seasoning.
P-20260926-185125.jpg


Steak time.
P-20260926-191634.jpg


First rest.
P-20260926-191808.jpg


Second Rest.
P-20260926-195626.jpg


Sliced roughly... I was getting hungry. Oh yeah and asparagus!
P-20260926-203239.jpg


Then the sorrel sauce.
P-20260926-204058.jpg


Well it sure is meant for a steak, I gotta say. I did not get a good fork shot cause it was going down the hatch too fast.

If you can find some Sorrel anywhere, give it a go!

Cheers!

Bill

1st year growing it for me. I've been slacking on using it. It does make mincing other herbs easy rolling them in sorrel chiffonade-like.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260919_104349_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260919_104349_HDR.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 4
That looks killer!! I do have one issue with that first pic... sharing steak? Uh.. no. Not sharing at all!
 
Can you compare it to anything? It, at least grown here in the northern hemisphere lol, really leafy tasting, and unmistakably tangy. This is supposed to be French Sorrel. Not parsley or cilantro/coriander leaf, not like any greens.

I went light handed but it definitely didn't hurt the chimichurri I made to go with with tonight's meatloaf (Leek+garlic+green pepper; gas grilled/no pan)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260927_183802_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260927_183802_HDR.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 2
Can you compare it to anything? It, at least grown here in the northern hemisphere lol, really leafy tasting, and unmistakably tangy. This is supposed to be French Sorrel. Not parsley or cilantro/coriander leaf, not like any greens.

I went light handed but it definitely didn't hurt the chimichurri I made to go with with tonight's meatloaf (Leek+garlic+green pepper; gas grilled/no pan)
What's it like...

Yes, zesty and tangy with citrus overtones.. Yes, there are many varieties. Mine is apparently French Sorrell and it is growing like the clappers. Next time I use it, it's going in the salad in place of Arugula.

Cheers!

Bill
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky