Garlic and Herb Pork Loin with Roasted Veggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
One of the family's favorites.
Take half a pork loin, trim the fat, wet brine it overnight, score it deeply along it's length and rub well with minced garlic and fresh herbs.
Making sure to get the majority of herbs and garlic into the cuts for both flavor and visual appeal.
Truss it up and smoke over cherry at 225°-250° to an IT of 140.

Chives, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano with Garlic

mHfgNDA.jpg

PirAzqM.jpg

dOZrspj.jpg

pz5jH7j.jpg

Roasted Veggies
A variety of colorful new potatoes and carrots, parsnips, onions and celery.

Just about any of your favorite veggies will work in there, eggplant, leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and more.

A stick of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
I didn't put any garlic or herbs into these veggies because the pork had so much, but usually I'd be very generous with the herbs and spices.

375° oven till tender, turning veggies several times to get the full effect of all that butter.
Once tender turn broiler on high and get some nice color on them.

VsF9xip.jpg

Dinner is Served

13buYrb.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Chile!! I’ve got a loin I’m the freezer and this is my first year with a garden full of herbs. I’ll have to do this.

Looks damn good chile! I cant help but drool a little when looking at that plate. Roasted root vegg is a favorite of mine.....and must include parsnip! Good stuff right there! Nice job man!

All looks great. I've been on a Veggie kick the last 2 months. I'm not going Vegan but stuff coming out of our small garden has been so good. I'd have no issue with a plate of Roasted Veg! They look great...JJ

Reactions: xray
Looks great Chile! I have a herb garden that’s just overflowing. This will be a great way to use some of those herbs up.

Like!

Wow Chile, that looks fantastic buddy...as usual. Where do I get in line for a plate of that? Love the way the herbs laid into the roast and how the sliced shots look. Can't help but think the flavor throughout was just off the charts. Great job sir. Another carousel worthy meal without a doubt.

Robert

Very cool John. That meal looks fantastic. I especially like the pin-wheel look to the loin. I can see why it's a family favorite.

Point for sure
Chris

looks awesome! Love the presentation of the loin with the herbs

Ryan

Looks great Chile!! I’ve got a loin I’m the freezer and this is my first year with a garden full of herbs. I’ll have to do this.
Thank ya kindly.
Herb gardens are great things.
Dried seem so... Meh... After fresh.
I think you'll like it.
Great lookin meal and an awesome smoke ring!
Thanks, I love the flavor, color and ring of Cherry for pork.
Looks damn good chile! I cant help but drool a little when looking at that plate. Roasted root vegg is a favorite of mine.....and must include parsnip! Good stuff right there! Nice job man!
Thanks Travis.
I know, right... Parsnips are so good and such a tasty and versatile root veggie.
Better than carrots.

All looks great. I've been on a Veggie kick the last 2 months. I'm not going Vegan but stuff coming out of our small garden has been so good. I'd have no issue with a plate of Roasted Veg! They look great...JJ
Yes'sir, let's hear it for fresh veggies, especially homegrown!
Thanks Jimmy.
Looks great Chile! I have a herb garden that’s just overflowing. This will be a great way to use some of those herbs up.

Like!
Muchos Gracias!
Me too, I need a dehydrator to preserve some.
Wow Chile, that looks fantastic buddy...as usual. Where do I get in line for a plate of that? Love the way the herbs laid into the roast and how the sliced shots look. Can't help but think the flavor throughout was just off the charts. Great job sir. Another carousel worthy meal without a doubt.

Robert
Thanks Robert, really too kind.

Nice
Great looking lion and for sure roasted veggies.

Warren
Thanks Warren.
Roasted Veggies FTW.
Very cool John. That meal looks fantastic. I especially like the pin-wheel look to the loin. I can see why it's a family favorite.

Point for sure
Chris
Appreciate it Chris.
It does look nice at the table for sure.
View attachment 459988

Stellar cook man that pork loin is money!
LOL... Love the meme... Thank ya.

Very nice! I haven't had garlic herb pork loin in a while....I like how you scored the roast for visual appeal....looks delicious! Added to the menu @ the firehouse...soon......

One of the family's favorites.
Take half a pork loin, trim the fat, wet brine it overnight, score it deeply along it's length and rub well with minced garlic and fresh herbs.
Making sure to get the majority of herbs and garlic into the cuts for both flavor and visual appeal.
Truss it up and smoke over cherry at 225°-250° to an IT of 140.

Chives, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano with Garlic

View attachment 459900

View attachment 459901

View attachment 459902

View attachment 459903

Roasted Veggies
A variety of colorful new potatoes and carrots, parsnips, onions and celery.

Just about any of your favorite veggies will work in there, eggplant, leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and more.

A stick of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
I didn't put any garlic or herbs into these veggies because the pork had so much, but usually I'd be very generous with the herbs and spices.

375° oven till tender, turning veggies several times to get the full effect of all that butter.
Once tender turn broiler on high and get some nice color on them.

View attachment 459904

Dinner is Served

View attachment 459905
Thanks for the ideas! I gave it a try tonight...really good!
3559C022-80E6-46D7-84F5-6CF48A281EFC.jpeg

885BE933-FAE0-4689-95AD-F0ECA6EE0D55.jpeg

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky