Fruits of the labor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Well, my son got a pretty nice buck after football practice the other night. Had it caped and dropped off at the taxidermist, then hung the carcass in the shed stuffed full of ice and wrapped with a moving blanket along with some fans blowing. Cut it up the next night after work. It's usually a tradition here to eat the heart the same day as the kill. But time just didn't allow, so we did up the heart and some butterflies and some inners , when we got the chance. Grilled on my camp chef 24 rare as winning an argument with my wife! Took a big ½" hunk of heart on whole grain with cheese and onion to work the next day for lunch too!
20221005_195554.jpg
20221005_195554.jpg

20221005_195554.jpg
20221005_195554.jpg

20221008_210319.jpg

Congrats to your son and on the haul you guys have!
I love this time of here. I was able to get back to hunting this past weekend and was the 1st time since 2019... covid ruined 2020,2021 for my hunting.

I'm wrapping up the last bit of processing right now and will post a little bit about it when I'm all free and clear of it. Great work! :)

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Beautiful buck, will be great on the wall and appreciated on the table! Be proud, your son looks to be the future of America. RAY

Thanks for the kind words fellas! He is eaten up with hunting, much like i was at his age! It literally interferes with his high school sports. The only reason he is playing basketball after football season is because he filled his buck tag lol. He hasnt played basketball since the 8th grade because ( it interferes with hunting season). Im ok with it, I put sports first when i was a kid and all I have to show for it is a bad knee, a worse knee and a shoulder that is very tempermental lol!
Keep filling the freezer boyz!

Reactions: tallbm and TNJAKE
Well, my son got a pretty nice buck after football practice the other night. Had it caped and dropped off at the taxidermist, then hung the carcass in the shed stuffed full of ice and wrapped with a moving blanket along with some fans blowing. Cut it up the next night after work. It's usually a tradition here to eat the heart the same day as the kill. But time just didn't allow, so we did up the heart and some butterflies and some inners , when we got the chance. Grilled on my camp chef 24 rare as winning an argument with my wife! Took a big ½" hunk of heart on whole grain with cheese and onion to work the next day for lunch too!View attachment 645792View attachment 645792
View attachment 645792View attachment 645792
View attachment 645794
Recently saw a few decent bucks with my trail camera, so ended up going and sitting on tree stand with my Vortex Hunting binocular https://gritroutdoors.com/optics/sport-optics/binoculars/ for a few hours, but didn't manage to find 'em.
Gorgeous buck, congrats! :D Can't wait for our deer season to start!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky