Frozen London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
A couple of months back, I bought a few London broil on sale. I seasoned one with montreal steak seasoning and a pat of butter and then stuck it in the freezer with the intention of throwing it in the SV.

The london broil went straight from the freezer into the 133F water bath for 11 hours. I put this in at 7am before work and pulled it out at 6pm, gave it a quick sear and served with roasted cauliflower.

It was friggin fantastic! Pull apart tender too!! Definitely a cheap and easy solution for dinner.

I had no idea how this would turn out. But i'll use this time and temperature combination from now on.

Thanks for looking.

This Looks Awesome, Xray!!
drool.gif
---
points.gif

Mighty Juicy & Tasty!!
drool.gif

Bear

Wow! Looks fantastic. My family does love London broil. Usually I put it in the vacuum tumbler with a marinade for 30 min, grill and slide thin. While very tasty, never fork tender.

Trying this as soon as we get back home from vacation (yes, I look at SMF while on vacation in Greece!).

Thanks candurin. London broil marinated and grilled is great also.

But it's nice to go from frozen meat to dinner. Especially with no planning on thawing or marinating.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky