Fresh pork belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
8068E789-9AEF-454B-AA9C-A576A547EFE2.jpeg
Great day smoking today. Pork belly done into slices and pig candy burnt ends. This belly was about 12 lbs and fresh cut yesterday. Bacon onion rings for appetizers. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and a mix of hickory and cherry wood. Still have a beef belly going that I’ll post up later. It’s taking a bit more time. Smoked the belly at around 275F until probe tender. I do believe pork belly may be my favorite meat to smoke. It was rubbed with TulsaJeff TulsaJeff rub with brown swerve for the sugar. No fancy plating today, just good eats for the game tonight and tomorrow.
921B9ABF-31FD-41D0-A034-6FC9CB9FBEA6.jpeg
01FBC779-34EF-4BFE-BEE5-5BD434EBF3EE.jpeg
58C4FA9C-C12A-4312-8584-F35156523E25.jpeg

Last edited:
Man jeff all that looks awesome. I love smoked pork belly alot. Slices look delicious. Did the bacon onion rings once. So much work lol. Nice job bud

Reactions: jcam222
Looks tasty! Really love the bacon wrapped onion rings! Yes time consuming but oh so good!

Ryan

Another culinary smokin' masterpiece Jeff, huge Like! Bacon onion rings? Your creative imagination and flawless execution never cease to amaze, nice work. RAY

Looks good. Now I have to find Pork Belly in this One Horse Town...JJ

Bacon onion rings! That looks and sounds yummy!! Any hints or, better yet. links??
Just cut 1/2 inch rings, leave them double. Wrap in bacon. Hit with some rub and smoke until crispy. Shamelessly stolen from several who have posted them here.

Looks good, it also reminded me that I book marked a recipe for the rings I believe posted by chilerelleno :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_sunglasses:
Could be, I've done them.
I got the recipe from TulsaJeff TulsaJeff

Could be, I've done them.
I got the recipe from TulsaJeff TulsaJeff
I winged it but this is basically what I did. I used Jeff’s rub with sugar free brown swerve too. Next time I will leave them 3 rings thick. Today I did two.

Absolutely amazing Jeff!! A simply stunning cook. Great job my friend and I never tire of seeing the beautiful food you showcase here. I'm in awe...again.

Robert

View attachment 468860Great day smoking today. Pork belly done into slices and pig candy burnt ends. This belly was about 12 lbs and fresh cut yesterday. Bacon onion rings for appetizers. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and a mix of hickory and cherry wood. Still have a beef belly going that I’ll post up later. It’s taking a bit more time. Smoked the belly at around 275F until probe tender. I do believe pork belly may be my favorite meat to smoke. It was rubbed with TulsaJeff TulsaJeff rub with brown swerve for the sugar. No fancy plating today, just good eats for the game tonight and tomorrow. View attachment 468823 View attachment 468824 View attachment 468825
It all looks good, I really like the bacon onion rings and bell pepper rings too.

Doubling down on the belly!! Beef and pork!!?

Everything looks absolutely great! I've always wanted to try those bacon onion rings but sometimes my laziness exceeds my ambitions.

Congrats on the double ride.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky