• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fresh meat

nysmokerguy

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Hi guys I'm new to smoking . I lingered around for a little while reading to get some pointers and finally decided to join. But now let's get on with the meat and potatoes of it ....... my name is Tom I live in New York(not the city) I'm a combat veteran, active law enforcement. I'm married with 3 kids, 9 and 7 year old boys and a 1 week old baby girl. I love grilling and so far love smoking. I've done a couple briskets and am getting ready now to do my first pork loin with some Gander Mountain branded sweet BBQ rub a little extra onion powder,salt,crushed rosemary leaves and paprika. I'm gonna set it at 220 with a mix of apple,pecan and cherry chips. I'm running an electric masterbuilt 30" smoker.
Any other suggestions?

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Hi guys I'm new to smoking . I lingered around for a little while reading to get some pointers and finally decided to join. But now let's get on with the meat and potatoes of it ....... my name is Tom I live in New York(not the city) I'm a combat veteran, active law enforcement. I'm married with 3 kids, 9 and 7 year old boys and a 1 week old baby girl. I love grilling and so far love smoking. I've done a couple briskets and am getting ready now to do my first pork loin with some Gander Mountain branded sweet BBQ rub a little extra onion powder,salt,crushed rosemary leaves and paprika. I'm gonna set it at 220 with a mix of apple,pecan and cherry chips. I'm running an electric masterbuilt 30" smoker.
Any other suggestions?
Tom Welcome to SMF I would recommend getting a good set of probes so you can watch meat and chamber temps.

Also an http://www.amazenproducts.com/default.asp

Thanks for your service have a Happy New Year you and your family

Richie

nysmokerguy

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Last edited:

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010
Welcome! My only advice would be don't overcook that pork! Thank you for your service and happy smoking to you.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

Let us know how that loin turns out!

Al

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cloudy cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                   great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.