Fresh meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nysmokerguy

Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Middletown, NY
Hi guys I'm new to smoking . I lingered around for a little while reading to get some pointers and finally decided to join. But now let's get on with the meat and potatoes of it ....... my name is Tom I live in New York(not the city) I'm a combat veteran, active law enforcement. I'm married with 3 kids, 9 and 7 year old boys and a 1 week old baby girl. I love grilling and so far love smoking. I've done a couple briskets and am getting ready now to do my first pork loin with some Gander Mountain branded sweet BBQ rub a little extra onion powder,salt,crushed rosemary leaves and paprika. I'm gonna set it at 220 with a mix of apple,pecan and cherry chips. I'm running an electric masterbuilt 30" smoker.
Any other suggestions?

Hi guys I'm new to smoking . I lingered around for a little while reading to get some pointers and finally decided to join. But now let's get on with the meat and potatoes of it ....... my name is Tom I live in New York(not the city) I'm a combat veteran, active law enforcement. I'm married with 3 kids, 9 and 7 year old boys and a 1 week old baby girl. I love grilling and so far love smoking. I've done a couple briskets and am getting ready now to do my first pork loin with some Gander Mountain branded sweet BBQ rub a little extra onion powder,salt,crushed rosemary leaves and paprika. I'm gonna set it at 220 with a mix of apple,pecan and cherry chips. I'm running an electric masterbuilt 30" smoker.
Any other suggestions?
Tom Welcome to SMF I would recommend getting a good set of probes so you can watch meat and chamber temps.

Also an http://www.amazenproducts.com/default.asp

Thanks for your service have a Happy New Year you and your family

Richie

usa.gif

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cloudy cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                   great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Reactions: nysmokerguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky