FRENCH ONION RIBEYE SANDWICH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
A little while back I picked up a few really nice ribeys!.. At Wal-Mart of all places!.. I posted a thread about how nice they were and how suprised I was to find them in a supermarket. A few had stated that they expected to see a sandwich made with one of them....well....here it is..lol!

A little background on why I made this sandwich the way I did. I saw something on you tube the other day about French onion soup.. I'm not a big soup guy but I do love me some French onion soup...then I thought why dont I make a French onion soup burger???? But then....i have these wonderful ribeye steaks...so.. Then I go to work!...

First off I needed a good bread.. Something to hold up to all the juicy steak and onions.. I chose a ciabatta loaf...yes a loaf. Not a roll...a loaf. For those that have seen my past sandwich cooks you know why 😉.

So... The loaf. I used half a loaf, split and then toasted.
1204212004a~2.jpg

Next up the onions...then I decided I needed to use up some shrooms I had so I used those too.. Not needed but hey why not?
1204211827.jpg

All cooked down... I did add a little butter and oil.... Worchestershire and soy sauce.
1204211913~2.jpg

The steak was just a bit over 1lb..seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and then it went on the kettle and cooked to about 130°.... Pulled off and let it rest before slicing
1204212106~2.jpg
1204212127~2.jpg
1204212132~2.jpg

Time to build..
Started with a little aged provalone on the bottom.
1204212149.jpg

Next up. Pile on all the steak!
1204212151a~2.jpg

Then pile on the onions and a huge mound of Gruyere cheese and the top half of the ciabatta loaf.
At this point I set it down in a pan. Added a splash if water and put a lid on to steam. Best way to melt cheese in my opinion.
1204212158a.jpg
1204212201a.jpg

Once the cheese melted it was time to eat!!
Cut in half I could hardly hold it in one hand!!! Lol!!
1204212220a~2.jpg
1204212230~2.jpg

Man was this thing good! I ate half and was stuffed!
Thanks for taking a look!!

You never disappoint! Another awesome sandwich! Always look forward to them!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky