For the love of god make it stop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is a GFS (Gordon Food Service) store in town and I picked up a 15lb case for $42.99, which breaks down to $2.87lb... I foodsaver it in 1.5lb packs. Wish it was thicker sliced, but it beats a sharp stick in the eye. I'll go back to making BBB once I finish getting my smoker finished...
View attachment 659137
Hadn’t noticed this , will have to check ours. I buy their 3 lbs packs often. Great for weaves and wrapping.

Reactions: FenHoglore
I currently have 6 mouths to feed. Both of my grown children live with me (plus daughters boyfriend). My Mother-in -Law moved in 2 years ago. I went to the grocery store yesterday. Final tab was $327.00. I only bought 2 little pieces of meat. The rest was normal grocery stuff.
Before they moved back home, our grocery bill was $200 a week and I went every other week.
We had to ask for the kids to kick in financially to help with the price surges. To their credit I am getting $700 a month from them now. It helps, but I hate taking money from my children to get by. The good news is they are saving money for themselves. Rental costs are unbelievable here.
The worst part is my MIL, she has very specific food choices. They usually are uber expensive.
She is also contributing with her money, but I am not as happy as I was 3 years ago. Covid screwed a lot of things up, but most of this food pricing is due to irrational policies implemented by alphabet agencies. This is by design I believe. YMMV.

If I didn't raise cattle, we wouldn't be eating any steak, I can tell you that.
We have a few banties so I eat their eggs but I might eat 6 or 8 of them for breakfast due to their small size.

I'm just glad that pork loins are staying relatively cheap and that I don't care for beef that much.

I have my own pond stocked with fish; catfish, bass, bluegill, and other pan fish. I like them all. The pond thawed this week and I'm about ready to start fishing the heck out of it now that I retired.

I have some fruit trees, berry bushes, and a vegetable garden. I need to get my honey bees started again.

I need to trap more rabbits and shoot more squirrels. I may take up trapping raccoons. Plenty of deer in my area. Good eats!

Pork, chicken, and fish keep me very happy.

Last edited:
I currently have 6 mouths to feed. Both of my grown children live with me (plus daughters boyfriend). My Mother-in -Law moved in 2 years ago. I went to the grocery store yesterday. Final tab was $327.00. I only bought 2 little pieces of meat. The rest was normal grocery stuff.
Before they moved back home, our grocery bill was $200 a week and I went every other week.
We had to ask for the kids to kick in financially to help with the price surges. To their credit I am getting $700 a month from them now. It helps, but I hate taking money from my children to get by. The good news is they are saving money for themselves. Rental costs are unbelievable here.
The worst part is my MIL, she has very specific food choices. They usually are uber expensive.
She is also contributing with her money, but I am not as happy as I was 3 years ago. Covid screwed a lot of things up, but most of this food pricing is due to irrational policies implemented by alphabet agencies. This is by design I believe. YMMV.
yeah, I hear that.. add in medical issues too.. It helps when I can pick off a deer or two each year. I'm now looking at raising meat rabbits.. You can get a lot of GOOD meat from rabbits. Doing some research before jumping in... lol Grew up hunting and always liked rabbit, venison, squirrels, etc... almost any form of dead animal... lol

Reactions: Buckeyedude
It's family... it's what we do...

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky