Food borne botulism from pickled eggs....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I never saw a Pickled Egg recipe that called for poking holes in the eggs. I keep anything that is not Canned in the refer...JJ

I never heard of poking holes in the eggs either. Homegrown method in hopes of speeding up brine penetration?

I never heard of poking holes in the eggs either. Homegrown method in hopes of speeding up brine penetration?

I never saw a Pickled Egg recipe that called for poking holes in the eggs. I keep anything that is not Canned in the refer...JJ

Really? I have seen multiple recipes that call for poking the eggs. Same for pickling sausages too.

A drunk sit down at the bar and notices a woman at the other end with incredibly hairy armpits.
Bartender says “What’ll it be mister?”
Drunk says”I’ll have a beer and send a couple pickled eggs to the ballerina down there.”
Bartender, “How ya know she’s a ballerina?”
Drunk says,”Who else’s can lift their leg that high?”

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky