Folding fillet knife.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
So. While I was checking out the KastKing site for fishing stuff. I saw a knife that got my attention.
s-l500.jpg

Folding fillet knife. Hmm, this deserves a look see. Which means in Stevespeak. Buy it!
P5260020.JPG

Nice quality. Rubberized grip to give a good gripe.

P5260021.JPG

Not small either. Nice flex on the blade. Blade is sharp. But I'll get it better yet. It has a hardened blade. And people say that it's a good quality steel. I'm waiting to give my judgement on this. First impressions are favorable. We'll see!

I wonder if it comes in a switchblade model? LOL
Nice looking knife Steve. I hope it works as advertised.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw and Steve H
Steve that's a good looking knife. And easy to find in the boat with that colour. ( we clean most of our cod right out in the water before coming back in )

Does the joint feel strong where it folds

David

Steve that's a good looking knife. And easy to find in the boat with that colour. ( we clean most of our cod right out in the water before coming back in )

Does the joint feel strong where it folds

David

The joint feels solid and smooth. And locks firmly in place when open. I've read a couple reviews where the blade stopped locking in place. But overall. Very good reviews. For 22.00. I thought I'd try it out.

A fine looking blade Steve, it should serve you well. I had a blade for ages that had a spoon on the handle end for gutting salmon. When it got knocked off my boat into the ocean I almost wanted to jump in after it, never found another like it. RAY

Reactions: Steve H
That's a great idea. My filet knife is probably my second most used, after my chefs knife. It would be handy to be able to keep it in my back pocket.

I'm looking forward to how you like it.

Nice Steve, I have several Kast King products and seem decent quality. Have you seen their rod rack with the line spooler on it?

I've seen their rod racks. But not this. Looks nice. You have this?

I just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, sunglasses, hat, lures and forgot to add the 15% off coupon code before I hit the pay button. I sent an email at 11 pm last night and I woke up to emails of them refunding the coupon amount today. That is customer service.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, sunglasses, hat, lures and forgot to add the 15% off coupon code before I hit the pay button. I sent an email at 11 pm last night and I woke up to emails of them refunding the coupon amount today. That is customer service.
Not a lot of that anymore.

I’ve had good luck with the work sharp sharpening system, the basic one. They have fancier models like the Ken Onion, but I’m not a fancy guy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky