Flounder Fillets (Wild Fork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love me some flounder. That looks great. How did you like Wild Fork's fish?

We have never bought seafood from Wild Fork. We have a merchant that comes around the area every 4-6 weeks. They are tied in with a commercial operation along the gulf coast. Some is fresh. Others frozen. Had some really good cobia and triggerfish last couple weeks.

Great meal John and it's hard to beat fish and sweet tater fries! You and that Ninja working 🎩

Keith
Thank You Keith!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You can find lots of different models out there. Its just finding one that works well is the hard part! :emoji_laughing:

Great looking meal Bear. Always got the ninja turning out good eats. The Ninja company should just have a link on their site to your cooks on here using the ninja.
Jim
Thank You Jim!!
I think some of my instructions are better than theirs are. :emoji_sunglasses:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks so good! Can't say I have ever had Flounder. Living in Kansas our choice of seafood is limited and almost always frozen. I had the Cod diner at Cracker Barrel yesterday, it was pretty good. But yours looks even better Bear. I've got to say the corn meal breading is hands down my favorite, especially on catfish.
Thanks once again for another fine cook Bear.

Thank You Colin!!
Catfish are actually my Favorite, but Flounder is my favorite Ocean fish.
And if I make nice fillets, I try to use a good breading like this was.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice Bear.

I do flounder in the Ninja quite a bit,it's my favorite to do in it.
Thank You Norm!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Colin1230
amazing looking meal, looks so delicious!!
Thank You Tbern!!
And for the Like.

Bear

We love fried fish and flounder is the best tasting fish swimming along our coast, though some may argue that point. Excellent...
Thank You Charles!
I agree with Flounder being the best I've had from the Ocean.
However I like Catfish & most Freshwater Panfish best.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking cook Bear! I used to use Kraft Sanny Spread years ago in place of tarter sauce, the stuff is great, now I just make my own. I'd squeeze a little lemon on those fillets and be going to town, nice work! RAY
Thank You Ray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Looks great, Old Bay has a hot sauce out now that's not really hot to me but has a great flavor, try it if you get a chance
Thank You Mike!!
And Thanks for the Tip. I immediately ordered a bottle of Old Bay Hot Sauce, in fact it was just delivered 5 minutes ago.

Bear

Man.. That looks perfect Bear...

So I'm wondering (out loud) how the Corn Bread would work out the ''Unhealthy Way'' ... Fried in a skillet ?

That's a great looking plate there John . Damn that Ninja does a fantastic job on breaded fillets . Have to look at one if my 360 buys the farm .
Thank You Rich!!
Yup---This thing Rocks!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hard to beat a good batch of fish and chips! Looks great John.
Thank You Jeff!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Love me some flounder. That looks great. How did you like Wild Fork's fish?

We have never bought seafood from Wild Fork. We have a merchant that comes around the area every 4-6 weeks. They are tied in with a commercial operation along the gulf coast. Some is fresh. Others frozen. Had some really good cobia and triggerfish last couple weeks.

Thank You Mark!
The Flounder was Fine, but too expensive, compared to other frozen fish in my local stores.
BTW: You mentioned "Triggerfish". Are there different kinds of Triggerfish?
The reason I ask, is back in the 60s, we were on a big Party Boat, and my Dad entered the pool for biggest fish. He caught the biggest (Heaviest) fish, but they said it had to be edible, and hisTriggerfish wasn't edible. So Dad's didn't count, and the second heaviest fish won the prize. The winning fish was an Eel.
Then when we got home, we looked up "Triggerfish", and it said, "When prepared properly tastes like Lobster Tail".

Bear

Thank You Mark!
The Flounder was Fine, but too expensive, compared to other frozen fish in my local stores.
BTW: You mentioned "Triggerfish". Are there different kinds of Triggerfish?
The reason I ask, is back in the 60s, we were on a big Party Boat, and my Dad entered the pool for biggest fish. He caught the biggest (Heaviest) fish, but they said it had to be edible, and hisTriggerfish wasn't edible. So Dad's didn't count, and the second heaviest fish won the prize. The winning fish was an Eel.
Then when we got home, we looked up "Triggerfish", and it said, "When prepared properly tastes like Lobster Tail".

Bear
Bear,

To be honest I am don't know if there are different kinds. We had it once dinner when on gulf coast and this outfit sells it regularly. I think it is good, but I wouldn't call it comparable to lobster tail. We cook it on the griddle with seasonings, not breaded. Firmer than tilapia.

PS ... just did a search and some species of triggerfish are not edible (Titan Triggerfish) but others are such as Grey Triggerfish.

Bear,

To be honest I am don't know if there are different kinds. We had it once dinner when on gulf coast and this outfit sells it regularly. I think it is good, but I wouldn't call it comparable to lobster tail. We cook it on the griddle with seasonings, not breaded. Firmer than tilapia.

PS ... just did a search and some species of triggerfish are not edible (Titan Triggerfish) but others are such as Grey Triggerfish.
They didn't specify. I think they just called it "Triggerfish".
So maybe the first one they found in their fish book was the bad one, so they figured they were all bad. I know My Dad wasn't happy---It was $60 something that he didn't win, and that was a lot of $$ to him in those days!!
It's easy for me to remember, because that was the only time I ever went Sea Fishing off the Jersey Coast.

Bear

I don't know how I missed this last week, but looks delicious John. Great breading too, your "Machine" is on top of it's game, lol. Great meal once again. I've only scratched the surface using my Ninja. Hoping to increase usage very soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky