Flame Broiled Cobia Steaks, Cajun green beans, deviled eggs, salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Had a successful fishing trip this past weekend at the camp. Uncle caught a nice Cobia so dinner plans were made for his house tonight. Butterflied Cobia steaks Flame Broiled with a butter/balsamic glaze.

Take the 2" thick steaks and butterfly them. squeeze lemon and coat the fish. season with sea salt and Black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. let sit for 10 minutes.

for the glaze- 2 parts balsamic vinegar, 1 part unsalted butter reduce on med. heat to thicken slightly.
IMG_20210804_190908424.jpg

Damn fine way to eat grilled fish.

Cobia is a fantastic tasting fish and highly sought after, just wish that I had more opportunities to catch them. Here in South Carolina, they have to be 36" with a 1 per person/2 per boat limit per day and we have a closed season.

Your plate looks great...

Keith, that is nothing short of amazing looking. Beautiful plate my friend. I wanna come hang out with you at fish camp and let you cook for me :emoji_wink: Nice job sir.

Robert

Dang thats a fine piece of fish there! In fact I love the pairings of the whole plate!
I'm going to seal your balsamic butter glaze. sounds tasty.

That does look like some fine tasting vittles Inda.

Point for sure
Chris

Never heard of Cobia before. Looks fantastic!
Thanks Colin! Cobia is a prized species here in the gulf coast!

Cobia is a fantastic tasting fish and highly sought after, just wish that I had more opportunities to catch them. Here in South Carolina, they have to be 36" with a 1 per person/2 per boat limit per day and we have a closed season.

Your plate looks great...
Thanks GS! Here, they bumped the length limit this year from 33" to 36". It's 2/day per person. Peak fall migration is mid september and I will be out there hoping to catch more.

That's one fine plate, looks tasty! RAY
Thanks Ray!

Beautiful meal. Cobia is in my top 5 fish species.
Thanks moto! It's a really good fish. One of my favorites. I like it more than yellowfin tuna!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
View attachment 507269

Dang man that looks great! Nice cook!
:emoji_laughing:
You are the king of movie gifs. on SMF! Nicely done, and thanks!

Man that looks delicious. Nice work bud
Thanks Jake!

Keith, that is nothing short of amazing looking. Beautiful plate my friend. I wanna come hang out with you at fish camp and let you cook for me :emoji_wink: Nice job sir.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I do enjoy cooking for people.....my Uncle caught the cobia so we had dinner at his house.

Dang thats a fine piece of fish there! In fact I love the pairings of the whole plate!
I'm going to seal your balsamic butter glaze. sounds tasty.
Thanks browneyes! 1" thick fish steaks, 2 minutes per side, then 1 minute more after the 2nd. basting of glaze. Don't over cook the fish on the grill. Get the heat HOT...500-550*F. the center will still be firm, when you pull off the grill, but carry over will cook to center with the heat that hot.

that looks fabulous! nice catch and cook!
Thanks Sandy!

That does look like some fine tasting vittles Inda.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Hell Yeah!
Thanks chile! Sure miss your cooks...but everyone gets busy every now and then....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky