First tri tip is on!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice job guys!

Check out that piece of meat before you rub it, and you will see the grain running three directions.  Remembering how the grain runs will help you in slicing after it is cooked.

Now to find a tri tip on sale.

costco wholesale in fife here in washington has them in the cripton sealed bag. theres about 8-9 to a bag . runs about 50-70 bucks.pay by the pound. seems they are smaller than whats on the picture. but big enough for the wife and I.

Awesome job, Pit!

I love TT's, but they have been expensive as hell here.  $12.50 for two...
icon_eek.gif
  at Sams they are running $5.49/lb!  We can get a rib eye for that price.... but I guess we can still get them.

Looks great! What temp did you smoke it at?

Thanks!
This is a pretty old post so you might not get a response from the OP. I like to smoke mine at 180°-200° if can. Mostly though around 240-250. The lower pit temps allow for more smoke absorption on cute like this that cook faster.

Not to Hijack this thread but, have a look in the beef section of this thread, there are a number of tri tip cooks:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/191066/dirtsailors-mega-mother-of-all-cooking-links-index

LOL! I was wondering how this got dug back up when I only put a link in the response.

To answer your question, I believe it was around 300 or so. At least thats were I do them now. Not too low, not too high.. I wouldn't go over 350. JMHO

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky