First time using the 5x8 AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zammy758

Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
West Florida
What a pleasure it was to use my new AMPS for the first time, no more feeding the chips every 30 - 45 minutes. It was a really tight fit on the bottom of my 30" MES so I placed it on the lowest rack, left side above the water pan. I only needed 3 hours of smoke so I tried to guesstimate how much pellets and ended up trying 2 3/4 ounces. I left the chip tray out a little and the tube feeder out a couple of inches and everything worked perfectly. This is what was left.

JbHe0uIb_o.jpg

I did a pork tenderloin with the Pitmasters Choice pellets, it took 2 hours and 45 minutes to reach 145 degrees which is good for us, turned out delicious.

iLEDOkYr_o.jpg

I get about 3 hours per row out of mine. The loin looks great! Congrats.

You will love your AMZNPS...I actually prefer hickory, mesquite and pecan pellets over pitmaster blend - which is not bad.

You can also but the A-MAZE-N pellets on Amazon Prime and save the shipping charge.

New doors into the smoking world have now been opened. Take full advantage little grasshopper. The loin looks great.

Point for sure.
Chris

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky