First time stuffed peppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fathomthis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Tomorrow im smoking a pig butt and figured while i have the thing goin i might as well make lunch. So tri tip and stuffed bell peppers in on the menu.

Ive never done ABTs or smoked bells so i was wondering when to put them on to finish with the tip and what temp to pull them off at.

icon_cool.gif

Well if you like your tri-tip about mid rare I would maybe start the Abt's or Peppers about a half an hour after you put the tip on. You want to smoke the Abt's/peppers maybe for a hour and a half to 2 hours and they will be great believe me.

Yea I usually see the ABT's taking around 2 hours depending on the heat of the smoker. You are basically just cooking the bacon and heating up the middle ingredients so once the bacon is done to your liking you are set.

My ABT's generally take 2-2.5 hours. I must admit that I like my bacon a little bit crispy but not too dark. That is how I judge it, I go by the look of the bacon.

I am a rare guy on the tritip so I only go 1.5 to 2 hours max and the ABT's are about the same time. Just so the bacon is cooked thru

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky