First Time Smoking Cheese (With Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pi guy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
SE Michigan
I meant to post this in April when I did my first cheese smoke, but forgot until today, as I'm getting ready to start my second batch of cheese.

I started out with 2 lbs of plain old Mozzarella and Cheddar
20200405_144105.jpg

I used my AMNPS with apple pellets inside my MES with no heat on. I put a piece of foil over the AMNPS to try to keep it from getting too strong, but ended up taking it off later in the smoke.
20200405_145057.jpg

After about 3 hours I took them out and then vac sealed them

20200405_183111.jpg

20200405_185019.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that cheese looks great and that pizza looks incredible. Nice smoke all around!
Thank you! The pizza is what I was most excited for and it did not disappoint. I have a wider variety of cheese in the box as I type this. I'm hoping to have some good pics of those.

Excellent job on the cheese, the burgers, and the pizza. It all looks great!!

Robert
Thank you, I really appreciate all the positive comments. Everyone here has inspired me over the years. I'm still a novice with smoking, but love experimenting (and eating LOL).

Thanks to the mods who moved this thread here. I didn't realize there was a smoked cheese section; I thought I checked. Anyways, good info on these other threads here, thanks!

Keep an eye on the prices of the big lugs of cheese at your local grocery store, and buy the heck out of them when they're on sale. I buy like crazy when my Dillon's has the 2 lb blocks for $5.99 each. My problem always ends up I have too much cheese to fit in the smoker! I have about 40 lbs sitting in my garage fridge now, vacuum sealed and ready for every recipe that calls for cheese. They make amazing gifts at Christmas too, by the way! I've done cherry, hickory, and apple, the hickory was by far my favorite. Makes the greatest mac and cheese ever.

Keep an eye on the prices of the big lugs of cheese at your local grocery store, and buy the heck out of them when they're on sale. I buy like crazy when my Dillon's has the 2 lb blocks for $5.99 each. My problem always ends up I have too much cheese to fit in the smoker! I have about 40 lbs sitting in my garage fridge now, vacuum sealed and ready for every recipe that calls for cheese. They make amazing gifts at Christmas too, by the way! I've done cherry, hickory, and apple, the hickory was by far my favorite. Makes the greatest mac and cheese ever.
I saw someone mentioned gifts a while back (may have been you). I'm thinking I might just do that. My family loves homemade stuff like that, so the in-laws for sure would love it! It's starting to hook me in, and the wife is on board, so I foresee doing this a lot more often. Posting today's pics in a new thread.

Also, thanks for the mac n cheese tip. I could definitely see doing that!!

Damn it all looks great. Nice job

Nice work on the cheese.

Cannot beat smoked cheese, so tasty. We do a lot of cheddar, but one of our favorites is Jarlsberg.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky