First smoked Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

This is my first attempt at smoking a brisket. It weighed in at 5.71 lbs. I started it at 9:30am and it was finished around 6:00 pm. I let it rest 35 minutes before slicing it up. Used my own rub and homemade bbq sauce to go on it.
See how smart he is? He ate his brisket first, then shows us the pictures........ Congratulations looks like an excellent Smoke, now can you do it again next month? Heck next week?

Last edited:
i did not use foil until i took it off the smoker and left it wrapped for 30 minutes. I really have no secret i just maintained the tempature between 200-250 and put it on the far side away for where the side fire box connected to the grill. I left the meat prob in throughout the whole cooking process. I have a wireless thermometer. and i let it do its thing. I only have had the smoker for about a month. I like challenges and decided after smoking the wings a few times and the whole chickens to just give it a go. The only thing i would do differently next time is let it rest for a whole hour maybe and hour and a half.

Leave your thermometer in the meat while resting ....once it hits 177 or lower slice away .... Or dble wrap in foil for in the cooler foe a later slice !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky