First Smoke w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sidefirebox

Original poster
May 29, 2011
Southeast Ohio
This is my first attempt at smoking meat.  I smoked two butts Sunday and took one to the in-laws for Memorial Day.  The other we've eaten on since.  While I made a few mistakes, mostly due to poor planning, it turned out great.  I used Meowey's method (thanks Meowey) and used a store bought rub.  As an experiment, I used spicy brown mustard and rub on one and just rub on the other.  Next time, I will do a better job of planning and I will try a homemade rub (probably Jeff's).   I took pics right before foiling and here is the best one.  I didn't think to take pics after pulling.  Smoker is Char Griller Duo w/SFB, flipped fire grate and extended chimney.  

10e58858_DSC_7802.jpg

I also started my first butts with meoweys method. Tried & proven. Too bad you didn't get the money shot? Looks great though. Another thing you might try is Soflaquer's finishing sauce. It takes PP up another level!!

Looks good for your first smoke, very nice color.
thumb1.gif

Since your new we'll let the Qview slide this time, But consider yourself warned 
police2.gif
   LOL

Thanks guys.  I'm really looking forward to the next smoke.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I spritzed with 3:1 apple juice and Bacardi gold every hour or so.  It just so happened that I had just enough Bacardi to make the mop.  Although, I was probably a little too stingy with the mop. (Only give it 2-4 spritzes per side.)  I will be more generous next time.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky