First smoke on new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Woodzman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 8, 2017
Cortland ny
Well trying one of my favorites and a couple new items. This will be my first go on my char griller outlaw. I have 2 1# summer sausage sticks on. Then I used the receipe I found on here for Canadian bacon. I made 2# of that also using the 1Tbs tenderquick and 1Tbs Brown sugar per pound. I put it in Monday night and turned it daily. Due to below zero temps I just gave it several rinsed with clean water and ziplocked it and let it sit til today...Sunday. I added 2 Tbs Brown sugar to the storage bag and coated it. The last is a piece of loin I'm trying for pulled pork. I know its a lean cut but I've coated it in garlic and onion powder. I didn't cure it. All went on at 8:30 this morning on preheated smoker running between 200 @ 250.its been on 4 hours and all's going good. The Canadian bacon is in back.Everything is a small batch not wanting to ruin to much if I mess up.
0107181136.jpg

My fiance isn't a big smoked meat fan"hard to believe I know" so I have some loin in the crock pot for unsmoked pp for her and shortly will finish the smoked version there after I pull hers.

Six hours in and all's good. Everything's at about 120°. I just moved the loin to finish in the crock pot. I maybe finishing the SS and CB in the oven but both have 5 hours of apple smoke and will be awesome however they get finished....I HOPE.
0107181356.jpg
0107181357.jpg
0107181356.jpg
0107181357.jpg
0107181356.jpg
0107181357.jpg

Reactions: motolife313
Pulled pork is done and came out delicious for being pork loin. Definately could use more fat. But good all the same now to finish the SS and CB in the oven

Exactly....she does like jerky but other than that its mine....unless my kids are here. That's a totally different story. When they ask for a sample..
It's gone within a night..lol can't always win.

I have never used a loin for PP, I always pull it at about 138-140 and after a short rest the carryover cooking brings it up to 145. It's a little pink, but very tender & juicy. I slice it thin & use it for sammies.
However I must say yours looks delicious!
Al

Ok here is the rest of the finished products. The Canadian bacon is excellent and the same for the summer sausage. 3 Out of 3 yesterday was a good day. The summer sausage and some 7x cheddar and crackers...awesome snack.
0108181606a.jpg
0108181606.jpg

Nice job Woodzman, when I use pork loin for pulled pork, I buy a whole Pork Loin. Cut the middle out and use it for boneless pork chops. The ends I smoke till around 145, then wrap in double foil with some liquid (usually Dr. Pepper). Then cook to 200. Wrap in towel and put in cooler for a couple of hours. Then I pull it. Comes out great!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky